Where it all Began

This story is mostly gonna be in Third Person unless I say otherwise. My Grammar and Spelling May be bad but I'll try my best.

Seven Years Ago:
Lanett has just turned 10 years old today, everyone in her family came up to her birthday party and it was best day of her life. She was able to see those whom she missed and eat cake. Lanett wanted this to last forever, but unfortunately there's only so many hours in one day. A few months later Lanett is near the end of her 4th grade year when her Grandmother became very ill. At the time her family had just taken in a toddler who she helps take care of. As weeks past more family members came down in order to be with her grandmother, Lanett got scared. Soon after her grandmother passed away, and she was consumed with darkness. Lanett wouldn't speak or eat, she lost a lot of weight and her doctor says it'll be hard to gain it back. Lanett's Family was angry and depressed also, so since Lanett was only one who wouldn't express her feelings the family decided to take it out in her. She'll never be the same again.

Present Day:
It is now a month after Lanett's 17th birthday and she's growing tired of the way her family has been treating her. It's been seven years and nothing has changed but the responsibility she has to take on as she's still trying to figure out who she is. She left to close family house for a few weeks to clear her head, while she was there the family couldn't help but notice that Lanett is getting worst every time she comes around, so they decided to take action. Together the three sat and had a long and serious conversation about her future, and told her that she had to make a choice. So that night Lanett has a dream and when she woke up her decision had been made. Lanett was gonna work hard to fight against her family and do what she had to do until it was time for her to move out and find the young woman she was meant to be. This is where the real story begins.