one

Paul McCartney stood in front of the Evans residence. He was told that the recently divorced Jeanine Evans was renting a room and at a low price. Twenty dollars a month.

He approached the door and knocked on it. He could hear the clicking of heels against the floor. The door opened revealing a blonde woman in her late forties to early fifties.

 The door opened revealing a blonde woman in her late forties to early fifties

She looked him up and down before placing her hand on her hip. "Can I help you?"

"Jeanine Evans? My name is Paul McCartney. I called you earlier about the room for rent"

"Ah yes! Please come in! Come in!" Jeanine spoke with a smile. She lead him inside. "I must say, you're much more handsome than I expected, and younger. How old are you?"

"Twenty five, Ms. Evans"

"Please, call me Jeanine. Let's begin our tour of the house. Follow me" Jeanine gently tugged in the collar of Paul's shirt and gave him a flirtatious smile. He smiled in return, albeit awkwardly. Sure Jeanine was pretty, but she was too old for Paul's liking.

"This is the upstairs. This is my room here, and over there is Dor's room" The both of them stepped into an empty room. "This would be your room. There's room for a bed, a desk, whatever you want"

Jeanine lead him back downstairs into the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of lemonade. "If you have any allergies or special food needs, just let me know" Paul kept darting his eyes around the room. "Is everything okay?"

"Actually I'm not quite sure if this is going to work out" he said.

"Well, don't say anything until you've seen the garden. I have the most beautiful one in the whole neighbourhood" She lead the young man into the garden. It was filled with all kinds of flowers and vegetables. There was even a swing that sat on the porch.

"Over there is my daughter, Dorothy" Jeanine motioned towards her, and Paul followed her movement. Dorothy was laying on a beach towel, wearing only her bathing suit. Her eyes tore away from the page of the magazine she was reading, and she looked right at Paul.

 Her eyes tore away from the page of the magazine she was reading, and she looked right at Paul

It suddenly felt like Paul's world had stopped. The young girl before him was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. Dorothy gave him a quick smile before she looked back at her magazine. Paul smiled back. He became so entranced with the blond beauty, he was barely paying attention to Jeanine.

"These are my lilies. Lilies are pretty, don't you think?" she asked.

"Beautiful" he replied, but he wasn't referring to the lilies. He turned to look at the older woman. "How much was the rent again?"

"Twenty dollars a month" Jeanine answered with a smile. "What made you decide?"

"The garden" Paul answered, looking at Dorothy again. "I've never seen one so beautiful"