•Chapter 31• {~_~}

Patrick
                         May 7th

Needless to say I threw the letter into the trash can.

I enter the library, Monday morning and trying to do something with myself.

I catch Gerard and Frank sitting at a table, and I wonder over to them. It's early in the morning, but I'm not surprised they're here. They come in early all the time; just so they can spend some time together before school starts.

Frank sees me, and he smiles lightly—patting the seat next to him on his right at the table, Gee on his left.

Gerard sees me too, and a depressingly kind smile reaches me. I don't really smile back to either of them though.

I sit down next to Frank.

"Glad you're here today," Gerard says.

"Yeah, me too," I say, "putting myself to use."

He nods, tossing a bag of chips at me.

"Salt and vinegar...nasty bastard." Frank mutters.

"Hey, it's good shit." I open up the bag.

Gerard just rolls his eyes, "I forget my boyfriend and my best friend are 3d graders."

"They're both right height." Brendon crashes down in a seat.

"Ok, you know what, Brendon? I'm getting get my revenge from you stuffing Mikey into a trash can bY FUCKING KILLING YOU-"

"Frank, calm down please."

Frank scoffs at Gerard, "I'm not that short."

"You're like 5'4, Patrick too, right?" Brendon catches the bag Gerard tosses at him.

"Yeah." I answer.

Frank groan annoyed, "Okay, we get it, assface!"

I'm surprised the librarian hasn't kicked us out ever in the upwards of three years we've been here.

"Ur weird." Brendon throws a chip at Frank.

"BITCH-"

"OKAY, kids, let's all calm down." Gerard says.

"My question is why chips at 7:26 am?" I chuckle.

Gerard snorts, "I don't have food besides chips so. Mikey used the last of the eggs this morning."

"How is Mikey, by the way?" Brendon asks cautiously.

"Don't worry, Bren. He's doing just fine. You didn't traumatize him at all. Him, Ray, and his girlfriend Kristin just skipped school last week and went to the beach," Gerard chuckles, "god, I remember when he was born."

"He's only like two-three years younger than you, though." I say.

"Yeah, but he's my baby brother. I'll always think of him as my #1 person I need to protect, and I think I've turned Frank that way too." he laughs.

"Yeah, he's like a little brother to me." Frank says.

"That's sweet." Brendon smiles.

I've never had any siblings, so I don't really understand. But Brendon has a lot, like 4 or 5. I guess I won't ever experience that. It's okay, though.

———

Running down the hallway, lunch time.

Then I feel someone grab my arm, so I slow down and turn to face them.