The Perfect One: Skylox

"Come on, Ty! I'm taking you to the surprise whether you like it or not!" I yelled, laughing uncontrollably as Ty struggled to untie the knot that held the blindfold around his head. "Ugh! Adam, take it off!" He whined, slapping my stomach playfully. "Not until we get there!" I said.

I started the car engine and pulled out of our driveway.

I chuckled as Ty continuously picked at the knot. "Ty, do you REALLY want to know where we're going?" I asked, watching Ty while we waited for a train to pass by. "Yes!" Ty exclaimed, smiling. "Well, drum-roll please!" I shouted, pointing at him. He repeatedly pat his legs in a steady, fast pace. "I'm not telling you!" I teased, laughing shortly afterwards. Ty made a small puppy-like whine and crossed his arms over his chest. "Not fair." He jutted his bottom lip out and sighed.

<Time Skip>

"Here we are!" I announced, parking the car. I removed the keys, climbed out of the car and let Ty out as well.

I carefully guided Ty into a shop. But, first, I commanded, "Ty, plug your ears." He sighed and stuck his fingers into his ears. I couldn't help but giggle at him.

When we walked into the pet shop, I immediately walked him over to a large cage, holding the animal I had secretly gotten Ty. "Why do I feel like you're going to hit me?" Ty asked aloud. I pulled Ty's hands away from his ears and slowly untied his blindfold.

"A puppy?!" Ty screamed in a cute little voice. He squealed and hung his fingers in the little openings on the cage door. "We shall name them Kyle." He decided. "It's a girl." I stated, smiling.

"Uh... Kawaii Desu Skylox Sama?" Ty jokingly asked, smiling. "Erm... no." I said. He looked back at the puppy and thought long and hard.

After a couple minutes, he finally blurted out, "Mazy!" I smiled at the name and said a few times to test it out. "I like it!" I told him.

We walked over to the counter and said, "I'm ready to adopt the dog, Mary" "OK, Adam. Just fill out these forms while I grab her!" Mary, the pet store owner, informed cheerfully. She handed me a clipboard with a couple of papers, then walked over to the cages.

When I finished filling out papers, Mary and back with our new dog. "Alright guys, you take very good care of Mazy. She's a pretty gentle and well-trained dog. Also very loyal, but I'll let you two go now." Mary said, smiling. "Thank you so much Mary!" I replied. She smiled and waved goodbye as we left the shop. We waved back and took Mazy to the car.

"Wait! Adam!" Ty yelled. "What?" I asked, confused. "Don't we need a bowl for her food, one for her water and toys and stuff?" He raised an eyebrow as I climbed into the car and started the engine. "Oh yeah! I have all that stuff in the back of the closet, where you wouldn't find it!" I exclaimed happily. Ty rolled his eyes and pet Mazy.

"We're home!" I shouted, just to scare Ty. He whipped his head around and glared at me. I chuckled and got out of the car.

When we got inside, I set the traveling cage down. "The stuff's in the closet. You can go grab it, Ty." I offered, watching as Ty carefully put Mazy down. He nodded and ran up the stairs. I bent down and pet our new dog.

I was lucky to have the sweetest boyfriend and the greatest dog ever. This was going to turn into the happiest family.

DEDICATED TO MY SISTER'S DOG, MAZY. MAY SHE BE LOVED FOREVER.