Ch. 24 The Truth

I tried his cell once more before calling Archie. "Hey, Arch, have you seen Jughead?" I asked with a worried tone.

"That last time I saw him was an hour ago, he said he was going back to the trailer," Archie stated cautiously. "Is he not with you?"

"Uh no, Archie his not. I'm really worried," I spoke the truth. Wether or not, I was not going to be able to find him alone. And anyways, Archie is Jughead's friend too, he should know the truth.

"Do you want to meet at Pop's? There is chance he's there," Archie offered.

"Yeah, see you in a couple," I hung up the phone and pulled on my Serpent jacket. Wherever Jughead was, I hoped he was okay and not hurt. Even though Jughead just got back, he had already gone through so much. Jughead doesn't deserve to live in this corrupt town named Riverdale. No one deserves to live here. Except we do live in this town, we push through the hard times and pray for a day where no problems face the people here. But for me, it seems that there will never be a time for rest, a time for which I can sleep, a time where I don't have to worry.

I rushed into Pop's, still thoughts rushing in my head about Jughead. If he's hurt, in pain, or safe, and if I'm just overreacting. Archie had not showed up yet, so I searched the diner for a boy with a beanie. I sighed when all I saw where young girls and boys. I found Pop Tate.

"Hey Pop, have you seen Jughead?"

"Yeah I did, probably about 30 minutes ago. He ordered two milkshakes. He took a call outside but then didn't come back. I wasn't too worried about him not paying. But it did seem suspicious," Pop said concerned. Oh no. Jughead's situation is just getting worse and worse. The longer we wait to find him, the more trouble he could potentially be in.

The bell to the diner rung and in stepped Archie. I told him what Pop said and grabbed a booth near the front door. We had to figure out where he could've gone. "Well, we have been in some deep waters with the Ghoulies lately, but I doubt it could be them."

"Well we should take every possibility the same," Archie puts his elbows on the table and rests his head. I let out a big sigh.

"Yeah, I'm just really worried about Jug." My phone started to buzz. My phone was faced down so we couldn't see the caller. I looked at Archie and then to the phone cautiously. I turned it over. "Jughead" was written across the screen.

I looked back to Archie and quickly answered the call and put it on speaker. "Hello Betty," a woman's voice spoke in a bitter tone.

"Penny?" I guess her name, by the way her voice sounded.

"Ah, you are correct. I have a little someone for you," I could hear her evil smirk through the phone. I glanced at Archie who was confused as ever.

"Jughead?" My heart sank in my chest. That last thing I would ever hope for would have Jughead in Penny's hands.

"Meet me by Sweet Water River for a little discussion." She hung up. Leaving us here with many questions. I grabbed my phone and rushed towards the front door.

"Who was that Betty?" Archie yelled, trying to catch up to me. I didn't respond, I couldn't even focus. All I knew was that Jughead could be really hurt right now.

I finally reached Sweet Water River. I didn't hesitate to start screaming Jughead's name. I ran around the river, searching for any light. That's when I saw it, a patch revealing a fire with 3 figures around it. I moved cautiously, not caring enough if I make sounds, since I'm pretty sure she knows I'm already here.

I reach the fire and notice a tied up Jughead sitting down gagged and has open cuts on his face. My heart was in my stomach. Why did Penny have to drag Jughead into this. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing he gets terribly hurt. All I wanted was for Jughead to be safe.

"Let him go Penny," I spoke in a strong tone. I'm not scared of Penny. I'm scared for Jughead's sake.

"Not till we talk, have a seat," a gruesome smile spread across her face. She motioned for me to sit across from her and Jughead.

"What do you want?" Two bodies emerged from the woods. It didn't seem like they were from any gang that I know of, but they could be cast aways.

"I want back into the Serpents. You see I was band from the Serpents and stripped of my jacket. But it wasn't fair. Your mother, Alice Cooper is it? Yeah her, she was also a Serpent. And she was drunk. And by "accident" she killed one of her own. She told FP and well they decided to pin it on me. They cast me out of the Serpents and left me alone on the streets."

I was shocked. What she was telling me seems all real. But how could I believe her? But her telling me that my mother was a Serpent? How? I had so many questions but I couldn't ask them now.

"And you're asking me? You think I can get FP to let you back into the Serpents?" I was in disbelief, how could she believe I could convince him? FP is a stubborn man.

"Because, Jughead here, is his son and your boyfriend. And well, if he doesn't accept my request. I wouldn't mind cutting him up," her voice made me cringe and hearing what she said, I couldn't help myself. I stood up, ready to fight Penny and get Jughead out of here.

I only paused when she held the knife to Jughead's neck. The two men next to me, took a step forward. "Now go before I kill both of ya."