Chapter 2: Bin Ranjai Ek Heer

~Sometimes, some relationships remain nameless, but they mean more to us than the ones with a name.

"Oh I want to know about Piya, after all I am your fiancé." Dr. Misha said as she smiled at Abhay.

"She is a friend...a lost friend." Abhay said as he looked at the doors to the OT (Operation Theater). Misha didn't feel it was the right time to question who Piya was. It was true Abhay and her were Fiancé, but their relationship was due to her father's decision. As Abhay looked into the OT he saw, Piya's condition was getting worse.

A nurse rushed out of the OT. "Nurse, how is Piya." Abhay yelled, however the nurse rushed away. Misha placed a hand on Abhay's shoulder.

"She will be alright." Misha assured. The nurse came running back worried. Abhay stopped the nurse before she went back into the OT.

"What is going on sister?" Abhay asked. Even though he was a doctor, he wasn't a surgeon like his senior Doctor Kabir.

"She is in critical condition Dr. Abhay. We need blood for her but there is no blood in the blood bank. I called up the nearest hospitals for supply but nothing. We need AB- blood soon." The nurse replied frantically. Abhay let go of the nurse. AB- that's

"My blood type is AB-." Misha remembered. "Nurse please get the blood testing sample ready I will be there soon." The nurse followed Misha' instruction and left. Abhay turned toward Misha to thank her.

"Misha...I can't thank." Abhay begin to say but Misha placed her hand on his shoulder.

"As a doctor it's my duty to save a patient, no need to thank me." Misha left following the nurse.

Abhay turned toward the OT window and looked at his Piya. He could never in a hundred years imagine seeing her like this, let alone seeing her again. A few moments later Misha returned with the nurse. The nurse rushed into the OT with a blood bag. Misha rubbed her arm were a bandage was attached.

"Thank you Misha." Abhay said.

"I told you there is no need to thank me. I am glad to help my patients and a friend of my future husband." Misha smiled. Abhay and her relationship was strange. They were doctors working in the hospital, and Abhay was her senior, however, besides that nothing had been going on between them. On the other hand, Dr. Abhay had caught Misha's father's eyes seeing such talent in a young man. Her father was the hospital's trustee, and it was her father's decision for their marriage. Their engagement ceremony was happening within two days. The OT door opened and Dr. Kabir walked out. Abhay rushed toward Kabir.

"How is Piya?" Abhay grabbed on to Kabir's hand. Kabir was about to tell Abhay, but behind him two nurses pushed a stretcher with Piya laying on it. "Where are they taking her? Abhay asked Kabir.

"She is in critical condition; we are shifting her to the ICU." Dr. Kabir then looked at Dr. Misha. "Thank you, Dr. Misha, because of you we were able to save her." Abhay remembered Misha was still there. His relationship with Misha may not have been due to love, but she was his present and his future, he couldn't neglect her. Misha has no hand in his past.

Dr. Misha looked at the floor, then at Dr. Kabir nodding. Dr. Kabir was the senior surgeon in the hospital, she was too afraid to talk to him, even though she was the hospital trustee's daughter.

"If you don't mind Dr. Misha, I need to take Dr. Abhay with me for a moment." Dr. Kabir said as he pulled Dr. Abhay toward the ICU. Dr. Misha watched as the two of them left. Who was Piya, and why were Dr. Kabir and Abhay being so secretive about. Dr. Misha walked away, she still had a patient to take care of.

Dr. Kabir and Abhay opened the door to the ICU where Piya was. Abhay ran toward Piya's bedside. She laid there unconscious. Abhay held her hand and began to cry. Piya's eyes remained closed.