sixteen ; her revelation

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter sixteenher revelation

chapter sixteen ━ her revelation

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ do you understand now? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and twenty comments for the next chapter!

FROM THE TIME that Skylar found out about Barbara to present time, she had stayed right with Jim. She never strayed from his side. The only time she did was to excuse herself to go to the bathroom. Her worry and fear were clouding her every thought and it was overwhelming. She nearly had a panic attack in the bathroom stall. Cat had offered to come with her to the GCPD but the brunette denied it, telling her to help Bruce with Bunderslaw. Surprisingly she hadn't argued as much as the teen expected. Word was traveling fast that Barbara had been taken by the Ogre. It was only a matter of time before a body showed up.

Walking out from the restroom, Skylar saw Edward rolling two suitcases from the corner of her eye. He was heading in her direction so the moment he looked up through his glasses, he saw her standing there. Rather awkwardly, he cleared his throat, letting go of the suitcases, fixed his glasses, and tried to remain calm. "Good afternoon, Ms. Gordon. It's wonderful to see you again."

She nodded, not being able to smile due to her current state. "It's nice to see you too, Ed. Look I would love to chat but I'm kinda helping my dad find the Ogre so..."

He waved it off with his usual odd grin. "It's alright. Have a nice day." He rolled the suitcases away quickly and disappeared into his office. Skylar had ignored his use of her last name. If one thought about it, she technically had three. Valeska, Gordon, and Kean. Laughing slightly, the thought of Jace from The Mortal Instruments broke through the worry and concern for her mother. He had plenty of last names as well. However, she had noticed that his behavior was off from how it normally was. But that would have to wait until another time.

Jim was waiting for her next to his desk when she walked up the stairs. He gave her a worried look. "Sky, I understand you want to help-"

"I'm not going sit back and let mom die or get hurt. I'm helping and there's you can do to stop me," she snapped, her eyes beginning to become glossy. Barbara was out there somewhere, probably wondering if anyone would ever find her or if anyone would save her in time. The Ogre was convinced that she was the one. He wasn't like Jerome. Because at least her brother had some love in his heart. This man had nothing.

Her father nodded. "Okay. But things will get intense and we don't know what to expect. Things could get bloody." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "You can turn back, honey. You can always change your mind."