prologue

"To my dearest min ji, ever since I gave you the ring necklace imprinted with my name on the inner side in high school, I swore I would give you my last name when the time came. And I'm standing here today with the most beautiful woman on earth.
I promise to love you forever, even when you're at your lowest, your worst.
I promise to be the man you can rely on.
I promise to become the better man and the better husband for you and for us. 
I promise to be the pillar of strength when you need me, I will always be the one that will be here for you.
I promise to be a listening ear, I promise to let you lend my shoulder to cry on.
I promise to take care of you, whenever and forever.
Baby, I love you forever and always."

She chuckled slightly as her vision blurred with every word he said, only to hold her hand tighter every time.
She admired her soon to be husbands face as he read off the letter, the words leaving his mouth word by word.

The lump in her throat only grew bigger and bigger although she suppressed it as much as she could, especially when he put the ring on her finger.

"miss park, it's your turn."

"Joon, we became friends in the first week of high school.
I still remember the way we met each other. I was still a nerd and you were one of the popular boys, I bumped into you by accident by the lockers.
But what you did next surprised me the most, you didn't turn away and curse at me like everyone else, instead you helped me up and picked my books up for me.
We became friends.
Fate has brought has together and I question myself why did I do in my past life to get such a perfect man.
I promise to love you forever, to be the one that you can lean on when you need support.
I thank myself for bumping into you until this very day.
I promise to love you in the best and the worst times and I promise to become the best wife of my abilities
Joonie, I love you."

min ji looked up, embarrassed that her voice was shaking the entire time.
But she was smiling in bliss , the tears already spilling out as she put the shiny ring on his fourth finger.

He used his thumb, wiping the tears away gently, being careful not to smudge her makeup.

"Now I present to you Husband and Wife.
kim namjoon and kim min ji."
||

a/n: after a long time, here's a short story 😊
-lyn-