Chapter 1. New Life

Walking down a freshly laid pebble path has got to be a great feeling. Hearing the pebbles crunch under your feet, feeling the tiny pebbles shift under the weight of your steps. It's just a relaxing experience that you only really get to enjoy once before the novelty wears off.

I look up and see the for sale sign which now has a bold red sticker on it which states that this house has just be sold. To my family. Mom and Dad got this house at a bargain price through relations to the real estate company Evergreens.

 At first I have to admit the price did seem dodgy, seeing as this house has heaps of floors and what feels like over 100 different rooms. Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point.

Anyways, I shuffle past the sign, dragging my feet through the glossy pebbles until I reach my new door step. The door is a made of strong wood, which makes the door heavy when I push it open. 

Eventually managing to open the door I set aside my yellow raincoat (cliche, I know, but I really do love the colour yellow) and shut the heavy door behind me.

Looking up, I'm greeted by the sight of a huge room. The walls seem to go on for ages and the window are taller than me. 

A beam of sunlight directs my gaze toward a dark spruce table, covered in little trinkets. I walk up to the table and pick up one of the ornaments. It's a little ceramic cat with a bright red ribbon tied around its neck. I put it back down and carry on into one of the many great hallways.

The creme coloured rug reaches right to the end of the hallway, seemingly directing me towards what is now my room.

My door is right at the end of the hall and it's hard to miss it. Before we moved here this room belonged to a girl my age, so the door was painted white and covered in gorgeous sunflowers. I reach the door and walk inside.

Oh my gosh! It's so beautiful. The walls were white and had gorgeous net curtains that flowed down the walls like water.

 I looked around in awe at the room. I can't believe this giant room now belongs to me! 

I feel an ache in my shoulder. Oh shoot! I'm still holding onto my luggage! I quickly drop the bags aside and head to the car to grab the rest of my stuff. 

Once I have everything inside I shut my bedroom door and flop myself onto my double bed. I sigh. And with that one sigh I shut my eyes and fall asleep. 

Hey guys! So this is the first chapter of my book SILENT. I really hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it! This is a WIP so please be patient with the chapters as I am currently in the midst of prepping for my exams. Lots of love L <3