epilogue

Six months later...

Hoseok's bed was by far Hyungwon's favourite place to be in the world - period.

Granted, it wasn't all that comfy, but lying there with Hoseok in his arms made the lumpy mattress softer in Hyungwon's eyes. Hoseok made everything softer, including Hyungwon.

He often found himself questioning his boyfriend's zaniness and strange behaviour, but at the same treasuring it, as it was something that only Hyungwon got to see (and maybe Minhyuk but that was to be expected. Those two were always crazy together).

Hoseok's hair had gotten even softer in the last six months and his electric blue fringe was starting to fade in colour. He had began talking about dying his hair either red or purple next, but Hyungwon said that decision was up to him, and that he will like whatever hair colour he chooses.

"Do you think I succeeded?" Hyungwon suddenly asked into the peaceful silence of the room, and Hoseok hummed in reply, nearly drifting off to sleep. "Are you falling asleep?"

"No," Hoseok mumbled, snuggling his head up further into Hyungwon's chest.

Hyungwon had begun working out more often, and his chest was really beginning to show for it. Hoseok often had fun just tracing the faint outlines of Hyungwon's abs once he'd gotten out of the shower, or while he was changing, Hoseok would sometimes walk up behind him just to feel his abs.

Hoseok was definitely showing a liking to them indeed.

"You are falling asleep," Hyungwon replied with a light chuckle, continuing to stroke Hoseok's hair lightly.

"I will fall asleep if you keep doing that," Hoseok retorted quickly, trying to sound annoyed but really he just sounded like a sleepy kitten. Hyungwon could've sworn he heard Hoseok purr. "What did you say?"

"I asked if you think I've succeeded," Hyungwon repeated, a small smile crossing his lips.

"In what?" Hoseok asked, shifting slightly so his right hip was on top of Hyungwon's right.

"Starting from zero," Hyungwon answered simply, and Hoseok felt himself smile at the memory of Hyungwon's poetic words - and the way he cried like a baby.

"Definitely," he replied affirmatively. "I knew you would've done everything to make sure you did. Also because you cried like a baby."

"Shut up," Hyungwon teased, flicking Hoseok's head lightly.

Hoseok laughed quietly as he brought his head up off of Hyungwon's chest to look at him dreamily, and then to kiss him softly. When they pulled away, Hoseok's head reclaimed its place on Hyungwon's chest.

"I'm glad you came back," he whispered, but Hyungwon still heard.

"I'm glad I came back too, babe," he replied, running the hand that wasn't in Hoseok's hair up and down his arm. "I'm glad you're still mine."

"I would never want to be anyone else's."

~*~

yikes, hope you enjoyed this train wreck of a story. the answers to the characters' questions will be up in the update next week :)