Sirens

This is a story about a young boy, who was caught in the midst of siren attacks. This is a story about, me, Ove.

                                                             **************************

Rushing down the port, pushing against people, I made it to the sea to witness yet another batch of people, young and old, rich and poor, all walking toward the sea as their family members call out to them asking, nay begging them to come back. They never did. These attacks had been going on for weeks now. I walked away from the horrifying scene and started to make my way towards the town square, where I slept. I didn't have family here, nor did I have a job on account of how my boss, the owner of the clothing shop I worked at, had walked out to sea about a week ago. Now I slept in the pub, without any care of what madness was going on around me. I didn't have anyone to lose. I saw people frantically spending money on items that merchants are scamming them for, which apparently saved them from the attacks of whatever creatures were luring them out there. Some of the elderly had claimed to have seen this before. "Sirens" they called them. They brought you in with the things you desire from the bottom of your heart, then they dragged you down to the depths of the sea, never to be seen again. From what they had told us, nothing stopped them. I sighed and lied down on the cold wooden floor of the pub while pulling a tarp that I found in the dumpsters over me. I wasn't affected by any of this. If I was pulled to the sea, so be it. No one would have felt remorse for me and I certainly wouldn't be complaining, anywhere is better than my situation was then. Although truth be told, I wouldn't have walked towards death with open arms, I wasn't a madman. I had fallen asleep, still feeling sore from where people pushed past me. I woke up suddenly, due to the screaming of another batch of people being pulled down. I decided to check this one out. It interested me more than it frightened me. I got up and pulled my hands through my hair and started to make my way down to the shore. With my light brown hair, brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin, I blended right in with everyone else. This time it was a batch of young kids, not older than five being pulled into the ocean. I suddenly began to hear my mother's voice. "Come to me my darling, it's been so long." I yearned for her voice, so I went deeper and deeper, following her voice. " Where are you mother?" I screamed hoarsely, unaware of the screaming behind me as I wade deeper. Suddenly, I felt something pull on my leg as the ground beneath my feet seemed to disappear. I smiled weakly as I remembered that familiar touch. I picked up a seashell from the ground. Sharp enough, I thought. I then with a great heave of my body swung it at my captor. She shrieked and immediately released my leg. I decided enough playtime. With an agonizing pain, my legs disappeared, and in place, a tail grew. I cracked my neck and smiled deviously, "Miss me Tara?"

"OVE!" She shrieked and tried to make a break for it.

"Not today!" I yelled, grabbing her tail.

She shrieked and tried to explain herself. "We thought you were trying to betray the sirens using your ability to transform into humans, and when you ran away that confirmed our theory," she gasped out quickly.

"So you killed my sister and my entire family instead?" I bellowed, tightening my grip on her tail.

"It wasn't my fault, I was just the spy sent to report on you," she gasped as I put my other hand on her neck and started to choke her. She will pay, I thought. I grabbed another sharp seashell and slashed her throat, enough so that she wouldn't die immediately, but enough to make her suffer through her death. "Don't forget who your new king is while you die," I said half singing as I swam to go kill whatever idiot they have sitting on the sirens' throne instead of me.

                                                             **************************

"So that kids, was the story of how I got my throne back," I say, chuckling. " I know you have already heard this story a million times, but I thought you might want to hear it one more time before you launch this new attack on the humans."

My favorite great-grandson, Loki, spoke up. " We won't leave anyone behind. The humans of 2019 won't know what hit them," He says cackling. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This story was written by my older sister, who didn't have a wattpad account at the time she wrote this. I published it and our parents read it and said she should make her own account and so she did after I published this. Her new account is 

@sarahahmad04 so go follow her. She is thinking of writing a second book now.