1 | kashima

"I'm Kashima Ryuuichi," A gentle yet nervous voice was heard from the transfer student. In front was a delicate looking boy with chestnut eyes and reddish brown hair.

"I'm in the babysitter club," He continued to show his smile before bowing his head.

Everyone started muttering in hushed tones when suddenly the headteacher faked a cough. Kamitani was way too immersed in his own thoughts and didn't realize he was staring too much. He averted his eyes from the boy, "Ryuuichi.. Kashima,"

Well, he needs to make sure he remembers that name. He oddly looks familiar, and Kamitani already assumed if he was the boy he kept thinking about. But he doubt it; it's too unrealistic and fate is uncommon.

Kamitani looked up and he saw brown eyes gazing at his, turning away quickly when Kamitani gazed back. A faint, unnoticable blush was spread across the boy's face. Kamitani was quite amused, but his expressionless face tells otherwise.

library whispers.

It's afternoon already and the blackette was ready to spend his time practising baseball with his team. He gripped a bat and swung it with force, earning a few squeals and swooning from girls that gathered from outside the court. Kamitani paid no attention to them.

"It's just so unfair!" His teammate whined as he shook him by the shoulders, "How are you so popular with the ladies?" He continued to sulk. Kamitani wasn't listening to him though, because right now he noticed Kashima, who was standing still with his back facing him.

And before him stood a huge map of their school.

Kashima looked utterly confused, and Kamitani had enough of his teammates complaining, so he walked right up to the boy and decided to lend him a hand. Besides, he needed fresh air.

He stood beside him while keeping his distance. The shorter man doesn't seem to notice him and his eyes were stuck on the map.

"Need help, Kashima?" Kamitani spoke. The redhead jumped before looking up at him.

"Ah, um, yes, actually," He stuttered, eyes now looking down as embarrassment made him flush his cheeks.

"Do you happen to know where the library is?" He clutched the strap of his shoulder bag that hung low on his shoulders. Kamitani pondered for a second, before turning his heel as he motioned for Kashima to follow him.

"Yeah, just follow me," He began walking towards a small building that isn't that much surrounded by pupils. Kashima followed him from behind, casually fumbling with his strap. They entered the building, and the baseball player suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder, "Here it is,"

Kashima took a while before replying, "Thank you, um-"

"Hayato Kamitani,"

The redhead looked up and showed a bright smile, "Thanks, Kamitani,"

The taller boy adjusted his baseball cap and nodded, "No problem,"

"Still has the same smile..."

He was sure that the forming knot his stomach was because of the summer heat; that's more believable. But at the same time he couldn't really deny that it was Kashima's cause.

No doubt. This is definitely the guy that he met before. But he should be wary.

"I better go," Kamitani glanced back at Kashima, and walked past him, leaving him alone standing at the entrance of the library. Before Kashima could protest, the taller man already disappeared. He frowned, but he understood that Kamitani had more things to do.

Truth is, he wanted to know more about Kamitani; to at least spend more time with him. And for some reason, the blackette looked familiar.

Kashima shrugged it off, but he hoped that he could meet him once more aside from being in the same classroom.

-

Kamitani slowed down his steps when he found himself gradually getting swarmed by girls again. Most were asking things about him (which he didn't quite catch), while some are trying to offer their handmade bento with flustered faces.

He cursed under his breath. This was one of those situations in which he wished he faced last.

"I still need to pick up that brat,"

He struggled for minutes, when time suddenly passed by and he fortunately survived. The girls eventually gave up and he was once again left standing alone in the school's hallway.

With Kamitani facing the doors of the babysitting club, he breathed and inhaled the peaceful atmosphere. He then slams the door open, causing the whole room to vibrate slightly.

"Taka! Let's go," He eyed the area carefully and found himself glaring at a pink haired man sleeping, with Taka almost dozing off by his side. Taka looked up to the sound and saw his big brother by the entrance.

"No way! I wanna play with Ryu more!" The younger one whined and shouted. Kamitani ceased an eyebrow, confused, as he walked towards his brother.

"We need to go," He said sternly with his eyes fierce. Taka got up and shuddered, but he really did want to play with his Ryu-nii more.

"No way! No way, no way, no way!"

Kamitani was about to ball his hands into fists, but he stopped and eased himself when he felt a subtle, soft touch wraps around his fingers.

He looked behind, and there stood a boy with a pair of chestnut brown eyes and reddish brown hair, biting his bottom lip worriedly as he gazed at him.

He saw the boy's eyes widen when he realized who he came in contact with.

"Kamitani?"

-

(a/n: didn't proofread ;; sorry if there were mistakes)