Chapter One

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So perhaps I was in a little bit of a bind. Literally. I knew that these stockades were only used for the disposal of Primal Dialga's worst enemies, and I fit that classification, but I never thought that I'd let myself end up here. Even now, I knew there was nothing to think about, except failure.

I was tightly bound to a pillar in the dark menacing stockades. Bumps and chips in the pillar were digging painfully into my body. The rope burned my skin and quelled my breath. I knew he was here somewhere... along with his mindless henchmen. If I was doomed to perish in this wretched place, I'd be sure to make it damn hard. Even still, fate was playing with my willpower, and destiny toying with my resolution.

My view consisted of dull decrepit grey concrete walls and a pair of beautifully designed black double doors. Two ragged pillars, almost identical to my own, laid to either side of me. Before too long, the double doors began to moan as they were forced to open. He was back.  Obediently, a flurry of Sableye swarmed in around their master. Dusknoir was here, he and his heinous Sableye would be the last thing I ever see. Almost automatically, I started to violently writhe under the ropes, twisting and turning, ignoring the agonizing burns the ropes inflicted. A low chuckle was emitted into the room, "It's useless to struggle..."

I glared into the darkness as hard as I could, despite the dread trickling down my spine. Dusknoir chuckled again, his deep, harsh voice wearing away at what little courage I had. Again, I flailed as powerfully as I could against my bindings, kicking my legs and thrashing my arms. Even though I was wasting my energy, I couldn't let myself just lie down into Dusknoir's hands.

Dusknoir's light chuckles were morphing into cruel laughter as my struggles grew feebler. Eventually, all my strength was gone, and I fell limp allowing the ropes support me, "You... you can't win, Dusknoir." I hissed between frantic gasps for air, the constricting ropes limiting how much air I could gulp down. The laughter died in Dusknoir's throat, "I've already beaten you, have I not?" He snarled, slinked into view from the shadows.

To him, I must've looked gaunt and ragged. Perhaps I was, but he better then anyone should know that I'd keep fighting until I was leaning on my death bed. I'd rather die by my own hands then admit he'd won my life. "Just because I'm in your custody, does not mean I'm done!" Dusknoir sneered vilely, "Foolish human, your life is mine. A snap of my finger," a sharp snap reverberated throughout the room, and his henchmen were instantly poised to take my life, "and you're done." His threat sent my heart pounding in fear, I wanted to scream and cover my eyes. Jump into my best friend's arms and be comforted that it was all just a bad dream. Bravery was something I'd always had... I'd always been the one to jump head first into danger whenever it was required, but now, my bravery was crumbling away before my eyes... What chance did I have? My biggest boon was being taken away, and I couldn't reach it.

My fierce personality was the only thing keeping me from braking. "You're nothing but a cowardly creep!" I spat. Dusknoir didn't even react. He just kept looking at me with that cruel red eye. "I sense your fear, human." He whispered, deathly cold. He placed his hand under my chin, roughly forcing me to look him. "Y-you don't scare me!" I breathed as fiercely and defiantly as I could, but I was shivering in fear and gritting my teeth together to prevent a whimper from escaping.

A sneer curled at the edges of Dusknoir's lips, "Oh, but I do." He breathed; I could feel his rancid breath against my face. I flinched away from him, terror gripping my heart. He laughed again, violently shoving my face to the side. "Sableye, finish this vermin off." It took all my strength to raise my head and glare at the purple Pokémon surrounding me. They unsheathing their claw, and I squeezed my eyes shut, fighting the tears that threatened to spill across my cheeks.