Chapter Eight

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
At that realization, it felt like I had been hit in the stomach with a sack of butterflies. What am I going to do? I glanced back at Teddiursa. First things first, I needed to shake and make friends with her. But what do I say? I mustered up my bravery, my heart still thudding against my chest at the prospect of liking Raiden, and cautiously approached her.

"Hi, Teddiursa," I said as cheerfully as I could, but it was merely louder than a squeak. She folded her arms across her chest at my tone, seething. "Hello." She murmured coldly, piercing me with an intent icy cool gaze. I opened my mouth to say something but then ended up gawking like a Magikarp. What was I meant to say exactly? Oh hello, I'm afraid to inform that I'm into the Pikachu you're crazy about, no hard feelings can we be friends?

I cursed myself mentally; this had been a rotten idea form the start. I was so busy fretting over my mistakes, that I was taken by surprise when she grabbed the front of the scruff of fur around my neck, yanking me to an inch away from her face. "Okay, just listen to me. Raiden and I have known each other since we were kids, I have dibs on him, okay? It's not fair that you pop up out of thin air and take him away!" She spat, throwing me away.

I looked at her stunned by the ferocious response; I must've underestimated how much she cared for him. However, I don't care who you are, no that no one pushed me around like that! "Keep your hands off me! What made you think you had a right to put your hands on me." I met her icy cold glare with my own heated fiery glower, each of us trying to stare the other down.

"He's mine, got it?" She hissed, trying to sound friendly but utterly failing. "I don't know who you think you are, but you are not the boss of me!" I growled, my fur bristling. "Listen to me!" I turned away from her pointedly and began to search for Raiden's location. She stomped her foot on the ground. "You're not listening!" She roared, lunging at me. I felt pain shot through my back legs as she bashed into them, causing me land painfully on the ground. Teddiursa unleashed a frenzy of Fury Swipes wildly in my direction.

Quick to my feet, I nimbly dodged out of the way and landed a Flail attack, ramming into her side. She hissed, whipping around and landing an accidental stinging blow to the side of my face. Slightly dazed from the hurtful slap, she took advantage of my momentary dizziness, landing a hard-hitting Slash. She was at a lower level and eventually I would beat her, but she was inflicting some serious damage.

And she was about to land a nasty blow to my head, I stared defiantly at her. A voice with a mixture of shock and confusing came from behind her."Teddiursa? What are you doing?" She spun around to see a bewildered Raiden, his eyes darting from her to me. "R-Raiden! I didn't... I wasn't..." She stuttered and stumbled over her words. I just watched intently, curious as to what Raiden would do. That Slash had taken a bit of HP with it, but apart from that, I was fine.

Teddiursa backed away from me, her eyes glimmering as she tried to contain her shock. "Raiden, please forgive—" Raiden glared at her, running over to me. I felt a triumphant yet awkward feeling flowing through me, as Teddiursa watched him, looking as though her heart was shattering. "That was really uncool, Teddiursa." He whispered, still in shock. "Why were you trying to hurt Lauren?" She looked at the ground, quivering under the pressure. "I-I... you..." She stuttered then looked away from him, taking a step away from him. "I'm so sorry..." Raiden crossed his arms over his chest, "If you were really my friend you wouldn't have started this in the first place. Come on, Fluffy. We're going to the Kecleon's. I've got some items we're going to need in mind." He grabbed my paw and tugged me along with him, it was as though my whole system went berserk when his hand touched mine. I just pretended it was because he had an electric typing. "Okay..." I murmured, Teddiursa watched in horror, spotting a tiny tinge of a blush creeping into my face.