3

Mel woke up later that night at 10pm. Still drowsy- she closed her eyes for another ten seconds before opening them again and sitting up. She rubbed her eyes before grabbing her phone.
She briefly looked up to the TV and noticed that Friends was playing. "Wow.. There's a lot of reruns today, huh?" She quietly asked herself.

She drew her attention back to her phone as she realised that she hadn't replied to Morgan.
Frantically, she unlocked her phone and clicked back onto the DM seeing as her phone remained on Twitter.
There was another message waiting for her:
"Aw, you left me on read, did I move too quickly? :("

The brunette girl's eyes widened as she quickly typed up a response:

"Oh my Gosh I'm sorry !! No you didn't do anything wrong. I fell asleep. I was quite exhausted ngl.
And yeah. We should DM more ;)"

She smiled as she hit send, though it faltered as she realised her mistake;

":)* sorry !!"

She set her phone down on the coffee table and made her way to the kitchen. As soon as she entered the room her stomach growled. "Alright girl. I get it, you're hungry. I know. No need to make a fuss." She rolled her eyes as she patted her stomach.

Being the petite girl she is, Melody climbed onto the countertop to reach the cupboards. She pulled out a bowl and shifted one cupboard along to get some cereal. "Hmm.. what should I have.. cinnamon toast crunch or lucky charms..." she thought for a second before shrugging. "Ehh.. fuck it. Both." She grabbed both boxes and placed them on the counter, afterwards she quickly jumped off.

She lazily made her cereal and as soon as she was about to get the milk she heard her phone bing from the living room.
She left her fridge open and ran into the lounge picking up her phone to see the notification... and this time it was YouTube.. fuck.

She shuffled back to the kitchen. "I'm not going to get myself hung up over some girl again.." b i n g " nEVerMiNd !!!" She rushed to her phone again and her eyes lit up seeing that it was Morgan.
She falsely did a dreamy sigh before speaking up. "Wow.. I love being an utter psyco." She joked before actually unlocking up her phone and checking the message.
It read;
"Haha. No worries. I was the one overanalyzing things, my crippling anxiety is a bitch sometimes😂"

Mel internally screamed. "Holy shit. We're so alike." She breathed out.
She started to type out a response.
"Bitch. That's such a mood 😂😂" and as she sent it she resumed what she was doing and made her cereal. Like it was perfect timing, the second melody plopped on the couch was when Morgan's reply had sent through.

"Hey. We should meet sometime. Where do you live anyways ?"
And Mel quickly typed up a response.
"Well. I used to live in LA with my brother but now I live in Washington so I could be closer to the rest of my family :/
But hey. I'm coming down next week to see my brother so maybe around that time we could meet?"

Melody sent the reply with a grin upon her face. Oh yeah. She was definitely hung up over Morgan after not even knowing her for a day... just.. just like Leah.
Mel shook her head frantically. "No Mel. Stop thinking about her. I'm over her. I'm over the abuse. I won't fall for someone as deceiving as her again." She sighed as she ate her cereal, watching the TV as a distraction. Before she knew it. Mel had fallen into a slumber once more.