small bump

y/b/n = your baby's name
sean's pov

  the smell of disinfectant filled my nostrils as i waited to hear about y/n's condition, i watched the nurses move quickly in out of rooms giving orders here and there to the doctors they were assisting. i let out a huge sigh and let my head hang in my hands. everything was fine, it was just fine until i found her next to the tub sobbing and in a pool of blood. i rushed to pick up our baby bag and put y/n in the car to rush her to the emergency room. i was prepared for this, we were gonna have y/b/n and everything would be fine, we'd be a happy little family just like she always wanted.

  i was finally going to be a father to someone. i was going to teach them how to dance, cook, and draw. i always imagined their fingers wrapped around my thumb and waiting to see them open their eyes maybe they would be like y/n's. they would probably have my hair and my dimples, i always said i'd protect them from anything in this world. i paced the waiting room and continued to bite my nails out of nervousness, there were a few other people in here with me for god knows what, i hope i never find out.

  i sat down in an empty chair and waited for the doctor that was with y/n to come and get me. i was ripped from my thoughts when i heard a strong voice, "mr. lew, i'm going to need you to come with me." i quickly gathered the bag i brought with us and followed him to y/n's hospital room. she was there in the bed, her skin pale and eyes tired. i rushed to her side and held her hand and listened to her voice that was extremely faint, and yet i was still able to make out what she said. "sean, she's gone, she's gone."

  my heart dropped and after that my mind went elsewhere, i backed away from the bed and walked out the room. i didn't realize i was running until i found myself in a deserted hallway and i screamed. the sound ripping from my throat making it raw and scratchy,
the sobs punched through, ripping through my muscles, bones, and guts. the sadness and the sorrow that i held were now coming out in steady streams down my face.

   you never got to see the world. you never learned how to dance or cook. we never played piano together. you never met your uncle julian or aunt kaycee. i never got to hold you close to my chest, i never got to feel your tiny fingers around my thumb as you drifted off to sleep. you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life. maybe you were needed up there, but we're still unaware as why.

___________
i'm not gonna say this was easy to write because it wasn't. i really struggled with it and there were times where i couldn't bring myself to finish even though i wanted to which is what i did. i hope you liked it and i hope it made you feel something because that's what i always intend for my writing to do.
-s