Chapter 4

Finn's P.O.V:

I anxiously sat with Piper in the Candy Kingdom hospital waiting room as Dr. Ice Cream tended to Jake's frostbite and hypothermia. The nurse did say he would be okay and that we had gotten him here just in time but i was still worried about my buddy. Would they have to cut off his limbs or something? I heard that they do that if frostbite isn't treated right away.

"Finn, are you scared? When i'm frightened i like to listen to music." Piper pulled out what looked like one of those ipod thingumabob. I only knew what it was from old broken ones i saw in museums and stuff. The weired thing was that this one was brand new and it actually worked.

"No. Well, ...maybe just a little." I say, avoiding eye contact with her as i felt myself blushing.

"Do you know what this is? It's an ipod. I listen to music and stuff on it when i'm scared or sad but if you want to try it i don't mind." She slipped the rectangular silver doohickey into my hands and turned on one of the songs. "This one is one of my favorites. If i ever like-liked a guy and got dumped, i would just turn this song on and fantasize a guy a thousand times better singing it to me."

"Why would anyone ever want to dump some one like--"

Piper put a finger to my mouth. "Shh, Listen."

Monday well baby i fell for you,

Tuesday i wrote you this song,

Wednesday i wait outside your door,

Even though i know it's wrong,

Seven days a week every hour of the month,

Gotta let you know where my heart is coming from,

I shouldn't feel this way but i gotta say,

Baby i gotta let you know,

I will try everything,

To make you come closer to me,

And baby do you believe that it's not just a phase,

How can i get it through,

To tell you what i can't loose,

I will try 365 days,

365 ways to get to you,

Yeah to get to,

You, you, you, you, you, baby,

Every second,

Every tick tick of the clock,

I want you all to myself,

I just can't handle myself,

Feeling kinda guilty but girl i can't stop,

Girl i don't wanna,

Nobody else,

No one else,

No one else...

I will try everything,

To make you come closer to me,

I'll try 365 days,

365 ways to get to you.

As the song ended i looked up at Piper who's eyes were glued to the screen, looking for more songs to put on. "I could sing that song for you."

She glanced up at me and quickly went back to the screen. "That's sweet, Finn. But... i recently got rejected by a guy i liked before and... i'm not ready to go back into a relationship just yet."

"I can wait for you for as long as it takes. I like-like you that much." I smiled at her, telling the truth.

She looked away at the little candy children playing tag in the play room next to us so i wouldn't see her blushing. We both looked up as Dr. Ice Cream came with a reassuring smile. "Jake has woken up and would like to see you now." He lead us into a hospital room to find Jake almost blue from hypothermia and wrapped in blankets.

"Finn, Piper... what happened. All i remember is... opening the front door to find the Ice King and then he just froze me before i could defend myself. ...Are you guys okay?" His voice was so quiet i had to strain my ears to hear him.

Piper and i explained everything that had happened after he was frozen in a block of ice. We both left out the part when we were in the waiting room and i told Piper how i felt.

"Is there anything else?" Jake squinted at us suspiciously.

"No!" We both said at almost the exact same time. I let go of Piper's hand as i did, realizing that i had been holding it since the doctor took us to see him.

Jake frowned. "You're a bad liar, Finn." He didn't say anything more on the subject but every once in awhile as we tried to make conversation, he would give Piper a mistrustful glance. She would see him but pretend not to and grab my hand affectionately to annoy him.

When we found out a few hours later that Jake would have to stay the night just in case, we purchased a hotel room in the city so we would be closer to Jake and said our goodbyes and left Jake in the doctor's care.

I jumped as we walked out the doors of the candy hospital and Piper spoke in the quiet. "He's going to be fine, Finn."

"I know. Hey Piper, ...after Jake get's out of the hospital and is all better there's this royal ball that will be thrown at the castle for our 500th time defeating the Ice King. Do you wanna go with me? As friends, i mean." I asked, nervously.

It was a long time before she said anything. "Finn, i've been thinking a lot about what you said to me in the waiting room... and i want to give it a chance and go with you as more than friends."

Yo! So i know this chapter was kind of boring again but it will get better in the next few, i promise. Oh and BTW, i could only put this story under two categories and that was romance and adventure but this story is also supposed to be a short story and a fanfiction. Anyway, comment, vote and fan me if you like my story. And also vote if you think that Marceline is awesome. :) I love you all, enjoy!

-Tomboygirl365