팔: The Big Reveal

I feel thousands of eyes on me, silently scrutinizing my looks, my hair, my clothes. I feel small, lonely and out of place and I can't help but wonder what my life will be like because of the contract I just signed.

BTS's 3rd anniversary: the cause of my anxiety, the reason I'm here, the day the world has been waiting for has finally arrived. We're at a popular TV show's studio with everyone busy and a little on edge in anticipation of the public's reaction to my big reveal. I've been prepped and ready with my makeup and hair have been done by my stylist, but I select the clothes myself: a comfy pair of ripped denim shorts, a pink sweater and red converse. We're seated on two rows of seats, with me between Taehyung and Jungkook on a comfy couch, and the rest of the boys sat on high stools behind us. I feel awkward... we are going to star as guests on a popular KPOP TV show and if thousands of people watching isn't nerve-wracking enough, it's going to be streamed live! I feel sick in my stomach.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to my right to look at Jungkook. "Noona. Just breathe and smile. They'll love you," he says encouragingly. I smile and reply, "Thanks Kookie, but please just call me Mina okay, I'm only a few months older. Noona sounds too... formal." He scratches his head cutely while stuttering an apology, "Oh... sorry Noon – uh Mina." I laugh and ruffle his hair, causing his stylist to shriek and rush to fix it.

I then hear Taehyung saying "Ahem... Mina?" where I turn to reply, "Yes, Taehyung?" "Uh... I just wanted to see if you were okay. With you being put into our group so suddenly and all that. How're you taking it? I know the transition from being normal to an idol overnight can be hard," he confides sheepishly. "Yeah, it's been... busier than I'd ever imagined. Who knew being famous took so much effort?" I put jokingly. "But honestly... I'm terrified. I know a lot of girls will hate me for being the one chosen and I just don't want to disappoint anyone." I admit on a more sombre note. He nods understandingly, "Well Mina, even if everyone hates you, all of us will be here for you, to fight off the haters." he reassures while gesturing to the rest of the boys, "I-we won't let anything bad happen to you. You're part of the family now. Just smile and act natural. I know they'll love you." Surprised, I find myself smiling blushingly as I turn to look at the video camera that's begun to film us live.

Okay, Mina, let's do this!

"안녕하세요 (Anyonghasaeyo - Hello) and welcome to, Super TV! We're here with our special guests today, BTS!" the host introduces.

Namjoon signals us to bow as we shout in unison, "안녕하세요, 방탄소년단 (Anyonghasaeyo, Bangtan Sonyondan - Hello, we are BTS)!"

"Thank you so much for joining us here today." he states, to which Namjoon replies, "Thank you for having us. It's great to be here.".

"So, today is the long-awaited BTS anniversary, and rumours have been flying that a new female member will be added to the group. And as we can see," gestures to me, "those rumours were true after all! So, I'd like to give a huge welcome to you, could you please introduce yourself?".

"안녕하세요 (Anyonghasaeyo - Hi there), my name is Cha Mina, the newest BTS member," I say shyly as I bow slightly towards the camera.

"Welcome Mina!" he exclaims warmly while he and the other members clam politely. "So Mina, I'm sure everyone's wondering how you got selected to fill this position, could you shed some light on that?" he questions, beginning the interview.

"Well, I'm honestly not quite sure why I was selected instead of all the other contestants, because the other candidates were major competition." I reply jokingly, "But I just sang my heart out, and I guess the agency and the members thought I could contribute something different to this group and hopefully make it even better," I say with a small smile. "Wow thank you so much for your honest answer. I'm sure many fans will appreciate you for that." he encourages to which I blush slightly.

Clapping to indicate the end of the interview, he exclaims, "Well, thank you, Mina, for that brief interview. But now let's move on to something more fun: GAMES!" while we clap politely.

"This game is called random dance, now I know all your previous songs were choreographed for only 7 members, but a little birdy told me that you've prepared a special dance, just for today!" he exclaims excitedly.

We walk to the centre of the room and get into a triangle position with me, unfortunately, in the front and centre. I assume the starting pose with my head tilted down to one side silently praying that I don't trip and fall

The music is cued and we begin. As the song goes on, and the thanks to the host's cheering, I feel hyped up and begin to let myself go, putting more energy into delivering the moves than I did when back in the dance room.

Left foot slide

Jump and spin

Stretch... and pull back into fists.

Done! OMG I did it!

The dance ends and my chest is left heaving, unused to such exertion as I walk back to my seat. "Waaa!" the host exclaims while clapping, "BTS really can dance; even Mina!" to which I laugh lightly.

"Thank you so much for your wonderful performance. I'm sure ARMY will be looking forward to more awesome performances later this year. That's all we have time for today, but thank you again so much for coming. We'll be back next week with more KPOP celebrities, interviews and performances. Stay tuned to Super TV, 안녕하세요 (Anyonghaesayo - Bye bye)!" he directs at the camera and all the viewers.

We smile and wave as the camera stops streaming live and cuts to commercials.

That wasn't so bad... I can't believe I made it through my official reveal to the world! The fan meeting tonight can't be much worse... right?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Author's note:

OMG 200 READS???? Whaaaaaat??? I never thought we'd make it this far! Thank you so so much for sticking around to read my book. I'm so grateful to each and every one of you.😆 

Sorry for this slow update. I've been really sick lately and it hasn't been the most idea inducive environment to write in. 

LOVE YOU ALL!😘 

LOVE YOU ALL!😘 

~ Denni_Lyn❤️