2

If I was going to pretend I was pregnant , I really had to play the part. Shanice and my family already claims that I'm starting to gain weight , so this should be a breeze. I met up with my cousin Julie who's already pregnant to have her pee on a stick for me ,
" so why am I doing this again Averie?"
" it's for a project , and I need to pass , or I wont graduate"
" so what's going to happen in a month when everyone finds out that you aren't pregnant ,"
" nobody is going to know except me and Kevin and by this time , he will be at Gates and I'll be at Lambert's , Shanice will be in England with her mother , and everyone will be happy."
Julie handed me the pregnancy test , "give me my 10 bucks so I can go back to work silly," I handed her the 10 and skipped back to my car. I can smell an A from a mile away.

When I told Shanice she was so happy for me "omg I'm going to be an auntie," Shanice yelled. I rolled my eyes and laughed , "Shanice I scheduled a doctors appointment for Wednesday so I can see how far along I am until then keep it quiet , this is what I decided to do my senior project on , and Hilton said it's totally fine."
Shanice jumped up and down , " I knew you were gaining mad weight for a reason and it definitely wasn't from squats."
"Shut Up goofy ," I laughed.

When I got home my mother was alone in the kitchen , perfect time for me to tell her my project idea.

"Pudding , are you insane ?"
" But mama , it'll be fun , playing a joke on pretty much everyone, and you always say I don't tell you anything , this can be our secret"
" Yes its a great idea but the consequences are going to be major , what if Hilton find out your lying and fails you , what if Kevin leaves you , what if Shanice stops being your friend"
" none of that will happen mama"
" what about the family pudding"
" as far as they know I'm pregnant , and that's what it's going to be okay"
My mother gave me a concerned look , "pudding , I'll help you under one circumstance ,"
I opened my eyes extremely wide , generally when my momma suggest something like this , it calls for major embarrassment or a major headache, "what's the circumstances," I stammered out , " you have to tell your siblings right now , keep up the act , and you have driving duty until your fake pregnancy is over."
Keeping up the act and telling my siblings wasn't too hard , after all , I'm considered the angel child , but driving my siblings everywhere until this joke is over , is punishment.

When all my siblings entered the room , everyone sat down , " so your sister has some interesting news , that's heartbreaking for me , and it's gonna be difficult for the family to bare."
Marco looked at me , then looked at my mom "did someone die"
My mom laughed at Marco , "no peewee,"
" I'm pregnant guys," I yelled. Everyone's mouth dropped , " are you kidding me pudding how could you be so stupid," Nadia yelled. I stood up from the couch , "that doesn't make me stupid," Carlos stepped in , " Ima get some of the homies on the block to step to this Kevin kid, he messed up my baby sisters future ," Marco and Santana still in shock , shook their heads , "so does this mean no more college , and i don't get my own room anymore," Marco asked. Marco and Santana share a room and ever since Santana has entered high school and the world of puberty , Marco eyes have been exposed to more than a little bit if you know what I mean. " Averie is still going to college guys , we have to see how far along she is to see if she will attend Lambert this semester or spring semester," my mother said.

"Thanks for having my back down there ma"
" no problem honey , but you know you really hurt your siblings today."
I frowned , imagine if this was real , is this how everyone would feel towards me. Marco was concerned more so about having his own room than anything , but I mean he's a geeky , nerdy , 10 year old , who loves science so I cant expect much from him. Santana didn't say much either , but Carlos and Nadia seem so hurt and disappointed.

The next day my mother and I walked to the craft store , " I guess we should start making your styrofoam belly," she laughed. Buying all the supplies and crafts for my fake baby bump was so much fun. " well let's just keep it to crafts and supplies , and not pampers and Similac ," my mother said.
As the days went on , I decided to finally start showing my styrofoam belly.
"So what's Kevin gonna say once he finally sees you ?" Amber asked. Amber Carter was another close friend of mine, I've known Amber since 7th grade when she moved here from New York. Although Amber isn't the best influence on my life , she's still family. Growing up Amber was always in some sort of trouble, and Shanice and her never quite seen eye to eye at all times. Amber became a total bad girl when she got to high school , after her mother passed away from an overdose on drugs and her father is always gone on "business" she pretty much raises herself.
"Not sure yet , but I think he might be a little excited."
Amber laughed "please , this boy has a d1 scholarship to one of the top colleges in the NCAA for basketball , pretty much every girl wants a piece of him, and not to mention , his parents are rich , his house is gated , you totally are screwing up his life."
Amber was right, although this is just a joke for an easy A, what if I really cant control the joke , Kevin may leave forever.
I closed my locker , " I'll figure it out guys , I got to go." I walked off. As days went by , I started hearing the whispering and talking as I went down the hall "Averie is getting huge" "she's definitely pregnant" "what if it's not Kevin's" "what if it is" " she has to go to prom with that belly." The frustration of pretending to be pregnant was starting to get to me , I actually felt like I was pregnant.
"Hey miss fatty," I turned around to see Malissa Grant smiling at me.
" watch your mouth Malissa"
" oh you got guts now that you're pregnant by Kevin huh."
" always had guts , you know that"
"Nuh uh , remember when I embarrassed you up until you started hanging out with Amber , then she fought all your battles for you."
Although I hated Malissa , she was right, Amber always stands up for me , no matter what.

As the day went on I kept thinking about how I was ruining Kevin's life. This is a joke, that's all it was meant to be , it was just for a good grade on the project, but nobody can know it's a joke. Maybe I have to get Kevin to play along, maybe I should let Amber know it's a joke , maybe I should tell my siblings it's a joke too.

"Pudding how was school?"
" Carlos , am I really ruining Kevin's life"
Carlos looked at me and laughed "he's ruining your life , who said you're ruining his?"
"Everyone Carlos , everyone talked about me all day , said I was ruining his life , I dont know what to do."
"Well for starters tell him what's going on so he won't hear it from anyone else."
I hated to admit it , but Carlos was right. I had to tell Kevin the truth or at least what was going on.

"Meet at Marcos Corner Mart at 4pm." I texted.  Less than 30 sec later he text me immediately, "good we need to talk anyways." My stomach instantly dropped.