Marcus

A hand ran through his messy mint green quiff. He sighed, heaving his small but heavy backpack over his shoulder and opened up his front door. Walking out the door, he stopped to watch a black Honda Accord pull into his driveway. Ugh, Dad. He thought. He shouldn't be home yet.

He watched the man get out of the car and approach him. "Tyler! I'm glad I caught you!"

"I thought you had a meeting right about now," Tyler said. He looked his dad up and down. Black suit, red tie, but with a gray shirt this time. That was a change. He looked so old, even though he wasn't. His face was wrinkly, his hair turning gray, and his eyes dark, but that's what being mayor for 14 years does to a person.

"It got cancelled, but I want to talk to you," he said, grabbing Tyler on the shoulder firmly, "Do you think you could promote this year's Masquerade Ball to your friends and other teens?"

"Why? The whole town shows up for your ball," Tyler asked. His friends always came, and he didn't really care about the other people at his school.

"All the adults in the town show up, but I want to reach out to the young people in our community. Will you do it?" He looked at Tyler expectantly. He knows just what to say so Tyler can't say no.

"Fine, now can I go?" Tyler sighed, folding his arms.

"Sure," the mayor said as Tyler jerked his arm away and walked over to his car. He threw his backpack into the car and got in. Mr. Oakley watched as Tyler sped away.

Tyler drove till he came to a very familiar place: his boyfriend's house. He pulled into the driveway and made his way up to the front door, and knocked three times. No answer.

"Marcus?" Tyler yelled, knocking again. Still no answer. Tyler rang the doorbell and yelled again, but nobody came to the door. Tyler knew Marcus was home, because he was just texting Tyler.

Tyler sighed, and just walked in. He's probably just sleeping or listening to music and couldn't hear me. He thought.

"Marcus," Tyler called, scanning the living room for his boyfriend.

"Tyler!" Marcus said, running out of his room wearing only his boxers, a surprised look on his face, "What are you doing here?" He looked out of breath.

"My dad is just really bugging me. I just don't want to think about him," Tyler replied.

"Why don't you wait in the living room, and I'll go get dressed, then we can go do something, okay?" Marcus asked, kissing Tyler on the head. Tyler smiled as he walked away, and retreated to Marcus's living room.

The smile slowly left Tyler's face as he heard a voice come from the hallway. A voice that didn't belong to Marcus.

"What took you so long, babe?" The voice said. It was high pitched, squeaky actually. A girl's voice. No. Tyler thought, standing up. You just think the worst. Tyler walked down the hall way, but stopped in front of Marcus's bedroom door. He wouldn't do this to me. He opened up the door to see Marcus, still in only his boxers, shushing a girl wearing nothing but one of Marcus's t-shirt.

"What the fuck Marcus?!" Tyler yelled, bursting into the room. "What the hell is going on here?"

"Tyler! It's not what you think..." Marcus said, but Tyler cut him off.

"No! It is what I think! I trusted you! I loved you, Marcus!" Tyler yelled, tears starting to flow.

"Wait, you're gay, Marcus?" The girl asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"No!"

"No, of course he's not. I was stupid to think a strait person would ever love me. I hope you're happy, Marcus," Tyler said, walking out the door and slamming it behind him.

Tyler rushed out of the house, trying to stop the steady flow of tears that erupted from his eyes. How could he do this to me? He thought. I loved him! He's so stupid. I'm so stupid!

Tyler got in his car and turned the key in the ignition. His car roared as it started and immediately a slow love song played through the speakers. It just made the tears flow faster. He pounded the radio with his fist till it shut off.He pulled out of the drive way and took one final look at Marcus's house. He was done. It was over.

He drove and drove, not knowing where to go or what to do. Tyler always fell for the strait boys, and it was killing him. He wiped away tears from his eyes, and wished that it was that easy to wipe away memories. All the times they snuggled together watching movies. All the sneaking out to meet. All the happiness. All the fun. All the love, gone.

He didn't love me. He didn't care. Tyler looked down and rested his head on the steering wheel, unaware that he was still driving. He didn't really care. In that moment all he wanted was to be was gone.

Tyler pushed down the gas pedal, his head still rested against the steering wheel. He suddenly swerved into the opposite lane. The screech of his tires brought him back to reality. Suddenly alert, he clutched his steering wheel, turning it with all his might. He got back into his own lane without killing him or anyone else. He pulled over to the side of the road, crying harder now from that near-death experience.

He leaned against the back of his seat, sobs wracked his body. He couldn't think. He didn't want to. He just wanted to sink into nothingness.What was his life gonna be without Marcus in it?

Just breathe. He said to himself. After a few deep, steady breaths, the tears stooped flowing as fast, and Tyler could actually see straight. I need to find a place to calm down.

He drove to the park that was just down the street. He slowly got out of his car and trudged the the entrance.

He looked at the beautiful trees that surrounded him. He admired the way the shadows of the leaves left dappled patterns on the pavement. He sniffled and continued to walk.

Once he got to the middle of the park he found a perfectly shaded bench and sat. He just sat and watched people stroll by. Happy people. A few tears rolled down his cheeks and fell onto his lap. Tyler knew he could stop crying, but he didn't. He let the tears fall, because it was one step closer to getting over Marcus, it just hurt like hell.

He stared down at his red TOMS and sniffled. When he looked up again, there was a guy with an adorable dog standing maybe 15 feet away. He had dark brown hair that was quiffed to perfection. His dark navy shorts fit him perfectly and he wore an adorable white tank. Tyler could see his gorgeous blue eyes from where he sat, and they immediately consumed him. Who is this? Tyler thought. He longed to know this gorgeous stranger. What are you thinking, Tyler? You just found your boyfriend cheating on you, and you are already checking out another guy! The fight that Tyler was having with himself just made him even more sad. Another tear dripped off the tip of his nose and landed right in between his feet. This tear was just the start of more tears that rolled their way down Tyler's cheeks.

Tyler looked up to see the mysterious stranger holding a guitar, and he was standing closer now. He started strumming and looked into Tyler's eyes. The way he looked at Tyler made his heart race. He stared at Tyler with such a look of care and compassion that made Tyler melt, and he doesn't even know his name!

The stranger hummed melodiously, stepping closer to Tyler. Tyler was so encaptured by this stranger, he didn't even notice that his tears were still steadily rushing down his cheeks.

Suddenly, the stranger was within touching distance of Tyler. He knelt down so he was level with Tyler's face and just continued to play the guitar.

He abruptly stopped strumming and smirked, "When the day is this glorious, someone as beautiful as you shouldn't be crying." He wiped Tyler's tears away with the pad of his thumb and lightly caressed his cheek. With that, he turned and walked away, strumming on his guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Okay, I am SO SO SO SORRY for not updating in forever! I honestly feel terrible and I planned on updating so much sooner but I kept on rethinking this chapter. I just wanted to make this chapter the best it could be! Again I am so sorry and I swear the next chapter will be up incredibly soon! I love you all!

XOXO- Ally