• deeper •

mark sat in the park with kun in awkward silence, not really sure where to start the conversation.

"so how's life?" mark asks, soon after realizing how insensitive it was and mentally cursing himself.

"life is good before it gets taken away from you by your drunk boyfriend." kun responds, pulling the strings on his  hoodie tighter. mark looks down at the table and plays with his fingers.

"um.....oh, your birthday's soon!"

"three days, two hours, and 37 seconds closer to death. actually, every nanosecond you even exist as a tiny, insignificant spec in this universe, you are technically closer to death. maybe i'm even closer than i think i am. do you think they'll give me death row? or will i decide to just 'diy' it before it even happens?" kun looks up at mark and for the first time in weeks, he could see just how defeated he was.

his eyes were dark and gloomy, with slight bags appearing underneath. his usual bright smile was replaced by a permanent scowl. kun's entire expression changed into a bleak, soulless one.

and his mood matched with it.

mark already knew kun was going insane over this—he had seen him literally pulling his hair out—and he didn't want to add to it. at the same time, he wanted to dig a little more.

why'd he do it?

what led him to go insane?

═════ ★ •  ☾ • ★ ═════
4 years ago
@ the park

it was times like these where mark wished he would never get older.

in two days, they would start high school soon.

as he looked around, he smiled to himself. it was pure bliss.

"what are you thinking about?" yuri asks her boyfriend.

"nothing," mark replies, "i'm just really happy." he pats yuri on the head.

"hey mark, can you come with me