Chapter 11

On our way.

Steve's P.O.V.

"These robots are quite hard to take down. A few bullets won't budge so you have to rip it apart or electrify it." Ms. Simmons oriented.

"It'll be a lot harder if you see those very human-like androids. But if you see another of Ivanov's models, we might still need it's intel." Mr. Fitz added.

"So, electrifying it won't work. You might fry some useful peices. Ripping its head off and bringing it to us might do the trick." and Ms. Johnson ended.

"Thank you agents. You are of really great help to this mission. Be sure to send my regards to the Director." Fury said to the agents before sending them off and they simply replied with a nod and then went to the quinjet. His last words made me quite confused. If he is not the director, then who is?

"Wait-you're not the director?" Tony asked.

"What? Who's the unlucky man then?" Sam added.

"It's classified." Knowing Fury, he wouldn't carelessly tell us information not related to our missions. He is a secretive man.

"Wheel's up in 5." Nat reported.

We've decided who's going and who's not. Tony will be working with us from the facility since he promised Pepper not to go on dangerous missions, Banner is with Tony, Vision still needs to be fixed and Wanda is still healing, she's got a lot of deep wounds from the previous fight. Although she badly wanted to go, it's better for her to rest, she's done a lot for James now and for that I am sincerely greatful. What's left is myself, Sam, Bucky and, of course, Nat to go into combat.

During the ride, Sam fell into slumber while Nat's on the wheels, since nobody here knows how to fly this thing. Bucky was beside me, though. We were talking about things that we missed in each others lives, mostly in my end. I haven't talked to him much after the happenings. I told him about how great change happened; the houses, buildings that looked like elephants live in them, a flying ship which they call helicarrier, the people, how they dress and behave, my favorite ice cream parlor and recalling some memories once in a while just to lighten up the mood.

"I'm glad we've meet again, Steve. Even in this time." Bucky said giving me a smile. Returning him a smile, I wondered how he remembers those memories so I asked him.

"They let me out the sleep after some time, helping the farmers and trying to make a new life as normal. But when they asked me if I want to bring my memories back, I gave it a go. I feel so empty, actually, even if I tried to live normally. Missing some parts of my life and remembering them but not understanding any. Then my cure came. . ."he paused, with a smile like ones of a boy in love. ". . . she filled those missing parts and brought back the old me that was long forgotten."

"Who's that she you're talking about? Your doctor?" I couldn't help teasing, my buddy actually likes someone!

"Too bad she has someone she loves." he said, with a bitter smile. "So much for that, we still have to save my buddy's son. But we need resting before doing so." he said before tapping my shoulders then took a nap. I went to the co-pilot seat beside Nat after.

"You should rest." I said. "You have this autopilot thing on, right?"

"I'm alright, I'm not tired." she said. Always as stubborn as ever.

"I'm not asking you, I'm commanding you to do so." I said, a bit annoyed. But she stayed quiet, looking out.

"C'mon, Nat. We both need this." then she headed back, sat down and rested her head on her arms.

Nat's P.O.V.

I can't sleep. I can't rest. Eventhough Steve made me do so. Something doesn't feel right. Of course it does. You have a son with Steve and you've only known for like a day and now he's been abducted and you're on your way to rescue him. What a normal family union Nat!. . . But I have really really bad feeling about this trip, but I can't also just abandon this mission. The life of my son is at stake here.

"I know it's hard to take it all in." Steve said as sat beside me, Sam and Barnes sleeping in the corner while the jet's in autopilot mode. 2 hours until touch down. "Even I am having a hard time."

"This is wrong. Having a child has been blocked out from my head since. And this incident is giving me so much hope of having a family of my own. But if he isn't found, my hope would be crushed into a billion pieces and never again will exist." I laughed bitterly at the sad joke that I cracked. I looked at Steve to see his reaction but I see him looking down at his hands with his usual worried brows.

"I promised to bring him back Nat. Bring him home and build a family together." he said. "I will fulfill that promise. Even if it costs my life."

I was not prepared for what he said. I've never seen anyone so sincere like him. All my life I've been surrounded by lustful men hungry for pleasure, but looking into Steve's eyes, I somehow felt. . . loved? He looks at me like a delicate flower that should be cared.

"Don't look at me like that." I said, looking away from his gaze.

"Hmm? Like what?" he asked a bit confused.

"Lile you care so much for me. . ." and everytime you do that I feel like I'm going to melt.

"It's because I do."

************************

How's that?😂😂

Thank you everyone for the support, reads, votes and comments. Really helpful and inspiring. I'm so sorry it took some time to update. To busy with school and stuff. I will try to update every week? Yeah?😂😅