Not The Best Idea?

Marinette's POV

The next morning, we woke up rather early- and by that I mean that I was woken up at the crack of dawn by the one and only, Absolutely Insane Alya. "Alya, don't tell me you're this serious about the plan." I cringed. "At least I don't go back on it no matter how I think it'll turn out." She sneered. Ouch, that one hurt- someone's in a bad mood. "But hey look at how that turned out." I replied, a goofy smile rising on my face. "Just wait till y'all get past the honeymoon stage." She rolled her eyes. Okay.

"Besides, here I am about to seek revenge from my absolutely insane cheating ex-boyfriend," She started. Funny, that's what I called her- I mean the Absolutely Insane part. "While you're fantasizing about your lovey dovey boyfriend." She grumbled. "Alya, I am not in the mood to fight with you." I sighed dramatically. "Fine!" She exlaimed and walked out of my room.

"So, our only plan is to glue cotton balls onto their front door and car?" I asked, sort of bored. Alya turned to me and gave me possibly the creepiest smile ever. Maybe the sunrise has an effect on Absolutely Insane Alya. She pulled out a carton of eggs and silly string from the abnormally large coat she was wearing. That was the coat I wore for a halloween party five years ago- yes it's that big, it still fits. Don't ask how detectives were supposed to be ominous.

"Alya, where did you get that stuff from?" I asked hesitantly. "The bakery." She said, referring to ours. "How do you plan to explain a dozen missing eggs?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't." She smirked and walked faster.
~×~×~×~

Now that we're actually here, I'm having second thoughts and I actually regret sounding bored about just the cotton balls, because now Alya thinks I'm completely on board with this. Which I am not. "Ready?" She asked, pulling out spray paint. WHAT.

"Alya!" I hissed. "This is a crime." I reminded her. "No it's not." She yawned. "Uh, vandalism." I deadpanned. "Don't worry this isn't for walls." She smiled mischievously.

I begin putting white glue on the drivers seat of his car and Alya, instead of handing me a cotton ball, she grabs a whole fistful and smacks it onto the glue. This is going to go fast. 30 minutes later, we covered one half of the car and we decide to leave it at that so we don't take up too much time. Oh no, I've begun thinking like her.

"We ran out of cotton balls." She pouted. "Finally." I rolled my eyes but held my hands up when she gave me The Glare. "We're going to go into Nino's room and spray paint some of his belongings, and then silly string his bed, and then egg his side of the house to top off." She said, all in one breath. I raised my eyebrows, "I really hope this is just a bad dream." I wished.

A large tree grew next to their house, of which one of the branches lead up to Nino's room. Alya went first and it seems like she's done this before. "You seem experienced." I breathed out when I reached the top. Alya was about to enter the window when she stopped to reply. "This is where we'd meet." She said. And for the first time, she seemed... sad rather than just angry.

I could see in the tears forming in her eyes that she felt more than mad, she felt much more than dissapointment. It was so apparent to me that she felt shattered, broken even, as if no one could fix her. She felt disconnected and thought that doing this would remove that feeling. But it won't. You can't ever make things better by treating the other person horribly or by bringing them pain. The only way she'll be able to move forward was for herself- if she wants to get over it, she has to do it for herself. But even she won't admit it to herself: he was her most beautiful regret.

I want to tell her all of this, I want to help her through it and I want to tell her it's going to be okay. Instead, she shakes her head and climbs inside. I can't make false promises anyways- like Nino did.

"Crap." She hissed and stumbled back towards me right when we entered. Nino was asleep in his bed. "He was supposed to stay over at Adrien's." She breathed out. "And you didn't think you were supposed to make sure of that?" I whisper-screamed. "Clearly not." She retorted. "Be extra quiet." I reminded her.

Slowly, Alya opened Nino's closet and pulled out some of his tshirts. She shook the can of red spray paint and scribbled onto a white tshirt. This is going to be painful. "What should I do?" I asked. "Silly string his bed." She said. "Alya you said that when we thought he was supposed to be over at Adrien's." I replied. "Yeah, well he's a deep sleeper." She shrugged nonchalantly and continued spray painting.

Slowly, I tiptoed towards the Extremely Vulnerable Sleeping Nino and shook the can of silly string. I pushed down on the top and blue string shot out of the can. When he didn't wake up, I took out another can and did the same. Hey, this is kind of fun!

"Can we get to the egging and then the leaving?" I asked hopefully. "Alright." She jumped up, happy with the disaster she- we created. When we began to leave through the window, Alya stopped suddenly, turned to Nino with a sort of faraway look and sighed. She walked up to his bed and crouched down. "I really wish you hadn't screwed up, Nino."