tmr → nineteen

the maze runnerchapter nineteen

the maze runner
chapter nineteen

❛❛ saw the way you looked at the girl, like you've seen her before  ❜❜

————————————————

Poe walked away and made his way back to the camp after he denied of knowing the girl. But the girl does because she said his name, as what Gally told him. He really doesn't know her at all. She was just some girl who he saw in his dreams, he may know her before but now, he doesn't. How was he supposed to explain everyone about her? He doesn't even know her name.

While he was in the camp, he had seen the Med-jacks carrying the girl on the stretcher to the Med-jacks hut. Poe wanted to rest but decided to wait until tonight. He needed to go back into the maze and check the dead Griever. An unexplained feeling had urged him to go back to the Griever. But he knew he can't. So he must ask Minho to check on the dead creature.

He didn't want to walk all way back to the hut where he saw Minho went. There was a person nearby, putting up the tarp up over the hammocks, Poe called him, "Hey!" The person turned his head and it's Nico. The Builder raised his brows in question. Poe sighed sheepishly, "Never mind—" as Nico turned his head back as he shook his head in annoyance. Poe realized there wasn't much time nor he couldn't wait, "Actually—" Poe paused for a moment, Nico turned his attention on him again. "Do you mind if you go get Minho here?"

"Yeah, I mind. Do I look like a damn servant?" The Builder turned back to his work again.

Poe sighed sharply, he could just go get him, but he'd have to make a double trip back here. "I need to talk to him about the dead Griever and it's kind of an urgent"

Nico suddenly had an interest after Poe mentioned a dead Griever. Though he was hesitant of leaving to get Minho but he eventually went to the hut to look for Minho.

Poe only waited for about five minutes as Nico came back with Minho. Poe grabbed a crutch, leaned against his armpit. "Alright, what do you want, Poe?" Minho put his hands on his hips.

Poe didn't know how to explain it, nor why he would know it, "I need you to go back in the maze" he told him.

Minho exhaled sharply as he dropped his head down. "Poe—" he lift his head up and looked at Poe, "after what we just went through last night, you want me to go back into the maze?"

"I would if I could but I can't run" Poe was honest, "Look, there's something inside the Griever that I think we might need"

Minho pressed his brows together, "What is it?"

Poe shrugged, "I don't know" Minho frowned at him while Nico snorted. As Poe predicted, but he needed to convince him. "I saw something in there—" He was lying now. "I don't know what, but I saw something in there, something weird and you have to go get it and see what it is"