"I do" (modern AU) //LAMS//

Note: I KNOW I SAID I WAS GOING TO MAKE A PART TWO OF THE LAST CHAPTER, AND I AM, IT'S JUST THAT I REALLY WANT TO POST THIS FIRST
Also, you may notice how salty i am rn
Art work: Szin (YouTube)

~Alex POV~

Today, 11th of February, is my 25th birthday! *sarcastic "yey"* A lot of people say i should appreciate this day, but i just see it as another 24 hours less until the sweet sweet release of death. And the only thing you do in this day is get older. Honestly, there's a lot of reasons why i don't like my birthday. I could make an itemized list of them, but i plan to take a small break. Just for today. Just for John. He's been begging me to take a break since we started dating, which was about 4 years ago.

So, after 7 years, I'll finally take a goddamn break.

I left work early to "celebrate" my birthday with John. And, just because public transport is expensive, and i'm totally broke by the way, i took the time to walk 2 miles to my department. (I actually had to google how much 2 miles was for someone to walk lmao) As i was walking, i got a text from John. Well, a lot of texts.

<Hey sweetie
<I'll meet you at the cafeteria
<Long story
<Just come

I quickly typed in "Sure", even though i had to walk about a mile... Again. Anything for my John.

I made a run to my apartment and left my bag. Then realized i left my keys in it. Motherfucking- I sighed and prayed to lord for John to have replacement keys.

So it was going great.

I made my way to the cafeteria and in the second i went through the door, i was greeted with Laurens hugging me.

"You're here!" He cooed excited.

"Of course i am, Johnny. Why wouldn't i come?" I stated and he shrugged it off. He led me to a table next to the window, just as i like it.

"Here," He said while handing me a black coffee. "I got this for you" He smiled warmly "I know it's your favorite"

"Awe, babe! You didn't have to!" I said and giggled as i took a sip. God, i love this man.

"But i did!" He laughed and i almost melted. "Happy birthday, love" He said and took my hand, holding it. I held his hand back.

We kept on talking until i eventually reached the end of my coffee cup. Well, not yet. I had one last sip to take. John grew more and more nervous as i drank. (Coffee, guys. Lmao) He fiddled with something in his pocket, but i didn't really pay attention to it. That doesn't mean i didn't notice though. I'm a very aware person, if that even makes sense at all. I noticed he kinda looked like he was going to faint, so i asked about it.

"Oh? Y-yeah, i'm fine! Totally" He muttered. Not really convincing, but i'll take it.

I drank the last sip of coffee and there was a message written on the bottom. When i realized what it said, i almost spit my drink through my nose from the surprise. Actually, i made a stiffed gasp with the drink still in my mouth. I looked up and saw John in one knee with a proposal ring on a small black velvet box. My heart raced so fast and my face heat up. I covered my mouth with both of my hands, tearing up a bit.

"S-so?" Asked John smiling nervously. I took a few seconds to digest what just happened. Apparently, he thought i'd say no. "A-Alex? Sweetie..?"

"YES!! YES YES YES, A HUNDRED TIMES YES!!" I shouted and moved my hands in excitement. He smiled widely and we both hugged. We separated for him to place the ring on my finger. We were too busy to notice everybody on the cafe started cheering and clapping loudly while others just smiled. We kissed passionately and parted to keep hugging. Small sobs of happiness came from John's mouth.

"I thought you'd say no" He whispered in my ear.

"I love you, John. Don't ever think otherwise" I assured him and hugged him tighter.

God, i can't wait to say "i do"...

~< >~

I screeched so hard while writing this lmao.
If you didn't realize yet, the cup had written "Will you marry me?" at the bottom.
Life hack from me. ok no

Thanks for reading!