Chapter 3: Pancakes

All of us walked to the diner in silence. I kept my head down. After I explained what Bill had done to me, they all looked at me weird. Like I was this pet that they had to protect. It reminded me of my youngest brother...

"Willa?" Dipper asks.

"Yes...?"

"You okay? You've been quiet."

"I've never been one for a lot of talk. My brother taught me that silence is crucial if I want to live."

"Oh..." Dipper says quietly, "Can't you just leave? You have more power than him, right? Couldn't you stop him?"

"I could... but I can't. He may harm me, but we are family..."

"Yeah? Look what he did to you... on purpose!!! I understand if something happens on accident, but what he did... it was on purpose right?"

I nod. He had a point, I could run, hide, get away. But why do I stay? Because family. There is still hope for him... right?

(Dipper's POV)

I stare at Willa, she seemed lost in thought. Bill had done a number on her. Whatever anyone says, he is evil! He hurts people, things, and his family! Who hurts his family for the fun of it?!

"I-I stay because he needs me..." Willa says quietly.

"What? Bill doesn't need you! He hurts you!"

"Because that is his natural reaction. He only hurt me when I, or something else, upsets him. He doesn't know how to deal with emotion that well. None of us do..."

"Us?"

"Yes, my brothers and I."

"Brothers!!??"

"Yes, there are four Ciphers. Although, two of them prefer or are stuck in other realities."

"We're here!!!!" Mabel yells ahead of us.

We both look up and see Candy, Grenda, and Mabel running into the diner. Willa and I walk in and take a seat next to each other on a booth. Mabel and her friends start giggling from across from us. I see what Mabel is doing... I never should have told her about my feelings for Willa.

"Feelings?" Willa asks.

I completely forgot that dream demons can read minds. Oh no...

"You know, Willa?" Mabel says, a smile plastered on her face.

"Know what? I am a little confused..." Willa stared at her gloved hands.

"What can I get you kiddos?" Lazy Susan asks when she approaches our table.

"Pancakes with extra whipped cream for all of us!!" Mabel exclaims, scaring some of the other patrons.

Lazy Susan nods and walks to the kitchen.

"That is okay right?" Mabel asks.

Grenda and Candy nod and I merely shrug. Willa is staring out the window now. Her eyes reflecting in the window. I can tell that she is thinking. Willa faces us again and sighs. A crash is heard from across the diner. I look over and see a girl, maybe eighteen, with Pacifica Northwest. Willa immediately is over there, cleaning up the spilled plates. I look at Mabel, but she is just as confused as I am. After the girl and Willa pick up all the plate bits, Willa walks back over to us.

"Sorry, old habits..." Willa says as she sits down next to me again.

"Here are those pancakes for you. Enjoy kiddos," Lazy Susan sets the plates on the table and walks off.

We all start eating. I look at Willa again, she is slowly eating a pancake.

"It's okay to eat. You don't have to be polite in front of us," Mabel states, her mouth full of whip cream and pancake.

Willa starts eating faster until her plate is empty.

"I like those..." Willa smiles.

"We love pancakes... right Dip Dip?" Mabel laughs.

"Yep!"

(Willa's POV)

I swallow the bit of pancake that I had in my mouth. It was so sweet and warm and fluffy. To describe it in human terms... It was like a hug in your mouth.

"I like those," I say, smiling.

"We love pancakes... right Dip Dip?" Mabel chuckles.

"Yep!" Dipper proudly exclaims, his hair caught the sun, making it a goldish color.

I stared at it mesmerized, then it started looking like Bill.

"Hey Willa!" Bill said.

"NO!" I shout. The entire restaurant stares at me.

"Willa? You okay?" Candy asks.

"Yeah, sorry. I was uh, thinking about something," I half lie.

Dipper furrows his brow and looks at me.

"Really?" he states.

"Yes, just a few things that have crossed my mind. It is normal for living beings to have constant thoughts."

"Yes, but, what were you thinking about?" he asks.

"My brother..." I say rather quietly.

"Why?" Mabel asks.

"It is a little hard to get him out of my head, he has been there for several hundred years," I explain.

They all stare at me, then Lazy Susan comes with the check. Dipper and Mabel pull out their wallets and pay the bill. We all leave the diner and head back to the Mystery Shack. Candy and Grenda part ways and head home. Mabel runs upstairs to check on Waddles, who I think is her pig... Dipper goes downstairs to talk with Stanford and I head back to my room to take a nap. Bill had me use my own magic to transform myself into a human and it is draining. I see why he prefers his natural form. I close my eyes and fall asleep.