11. Tick..Tick..Tick

There’s a Rebel in My Bed!

                               Chapter 11 – Tick…Tick…Tick (Summer Finale) 

                              Song of the Chapter – Suggestions by Orelia Has Orchestra   

 “What do you want?” I asked, backing up a bit.

Tank smirked. “Seeing as I’m the one with the knife – I think I’ll ask the questions.” He stated coolly, taking a huge step forward. Enough to close the gap between us considerably.

I backed up on instinct, gasping when I felt my butt smack right into K’s knees. I spun around to face him but avoided eye contact.

“Kasper, what’s going on?” I asked, getting a bit pissed off at his dismal attempts to pretend I was a very active figment of his twisted imagination.

“Kasper?”

“His lights are on,” Tank chided. I turned my head to look at the condescending grin deeply set on his lips. “But nobody’s home.” he concluded, grinning wildly.

“What do you want?” I hissed spitting way more venom than I intended.

Tank lifted a shocked brow. “Short, good looking and feisty?” He growled creepily seductively. “No wonder why boys fight over you left and right.”

“My dad.” I said, ignoring his statement.

He chuckled a little. “What,” he smiled, “No foreplay?”

“Look.” I hissed – this time the venom was intended. “What the hell is that journal, who are you really and the hell are you doing!”  I screeched.

Tank looked more happy than surprised that I finally spoke up. He even did a slow clap before cackling.

“Wow, little Evan has a backbone.” He stepped forward with the knife twirling in between his fingers. I froze when he placed it’s sharp, cold edge on my lips, running it slowly across from cheek to cheek.

“Too bad it’s with a very dangerous guy who could cut him up into pieces and sell him as jerky.”

“Tank, just tell him.” K voiced, surprising even me.

Tank looked passed me to him, still seated on the edge of the bed. “It’s about damn time.” Tank stated, slowly removing the knife from me and stepping back but not by much. “I thought you were going to let me carve your boyfriend a Joker smile.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I said quickly, not daring to look at K and with good reason because by the look on Tank’s face – he was staring daggers into my back.

“Fine. Now, let’s get to the main course shall we?”

I swallowed, nodding slowly. Did I want to know what my father was up to? Was this journal true or another scheme? So many questions lingered but I wondered….would the answers do more harm than good?

“Your father is a corporate giant…far more powerful then he’s let on. And with power comes powerful enemies.”

I cocked my head slightly to the side. “Was that supposed to be cryptic? Because it just ended up sounding stupid.”

He chuckled. “Mark was a marketing manager yes, but he made Partner in Taylor and Co. back in June of last year.

I snorted. “That’s impossible. If Dad made partner we’d be living like kings.”