Chapter 1

Marina's POV

My bones have never felt so delicate. I could hear then crack like stiff boards every time I moved. As I closed the cupboards I got a good look into myself in the glass.

I looked horrible.

My once alive face was not deathly pale and bony. My once bright silver eyes now were dull and almost lifeless. Even my blackish-brown hair that was once long and glossy how was short and brittle. I look at my pitiful appearance more and wonder.

What did I do wrong?

5 years ago

"Happy 12th birthday Rina!!" My mom smothered me in yet another wet kiss as my older brothers laughed along with my dad. My eldest brother's mate, Kristy, was here as well taking a lot of photos on her new phone.

"Mo-om!" I cried, wiping my cheek with the back of my sweater before my other brother told me to blow out my candles and make a wish.

I wished that my family would be happy forever.

But wishes are bogus.

It was barely an hour into our small party when everyone was mind linked that there were rouges in the area and that everyone had to prepare for battle. Somehow they got into our boarders.

My father was the beta and it was his duty to defend the pack, even before his own family so he took off to leave the rest of us in the panic room.

"Mom," I mumbled, fearing for my life, "Somethings not right." I had the strangest feeling in the back of my mind. I couldn't explain it but something back was going to happen and it was going to happen soon.

"What do y-" My mom started but she suddenly let out a deafening cry, startling everyone. She curled up into the floor, bawling her eyes out as everyone tried to calm her. "Your, you, Westly is dead!" She cried about my father.

Everyone became deathly quiet, only the sounds of my mother's cries was the only thing audible.

"D-dad's dead?" My other brother, Jackson, stuttered, looking devastated.

"Be strong Jack, dad wouldn't want you to cry. Especially in front of Rini." Our eldest brother, Devon, patted Jackson on the back comforting him.

I on the other hand was in a complete trance. I didn't even notice the panic room door being pried open until my brothers started screaming at me as a pair of massive arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from my family.

"Found you little seer." A deep voice sent chills down my spine as I struggled against the hold. Only to be dropped when my mother tackled my captor to the ground.

"RUN!" She screamed, fighting off the man who I couldn't see the face of.

"MOM!" Jackson cried, fighting against Devon's hold as Kristy lead me away from the battle. I was still shocked, not feeling any part of my body even when my feet started to move.

Jackson had shifted into his large brown and black wolf, and Kristy helped me get on him and she boarded as well. Devon had also shifted into his even bigger brown and black wolf as Jackson began running into the forest, Devon acting as the back-guard.