Three

Fᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ-ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ (ᴄᴏɴᴛ'ᴅ)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"BABY, TELL ME what happened." Leandra inquired in a calming hushed tone as her and Q both lied awake in their bed. She couldn't stop wondering why he acted so strangely today; Leandra knew she couldn't leave her questions unanswered and she knew the only way they would've been left as is, is if she didn't ask. . . or if Quincy refused to tell her.

"I made a mistake, that's all Le." He claimed while his eyes danced across the ceiling- searching for something to keep his attention on seeing as though he couldn't sleep. "Get some sleep, you have work tomorrow." He simply stated as he fiddled with his fingers. Le side eyed him while she let out a harsh sigh- apparently growing uneasy.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? You come home a wreck and the most you could tell me is "go to bed"? Quincy you really scared Elijah today with that stunt you pulled downstairs and you expect me not to ask questions? I deserve an answer and you should see that by now!" She rambled causing Quincy to roll his eyes, for he was annoyed with her inquiries.

"Le could you just drop it, damn!"

"Oh, so this is how we talk to each other now?" She stared at him in shock seeing as though his attitude was newfound. She let out a chuckle signaling her frustration as she placed her hands up in defeat. "Alright fine, Q. Have it your way. . . I'll just ask Aaron in the morning, I know he'll tell me what's going on with his best friend who just so happens to be my husband." She continued matter of factly as her tone was slightly hushed because she had not wanted Elijah to hear them bickering once more.

"N-no you will not call that man." He said rather sternly leading Leandra to shift her whole body in his direction in order to look at him as he again avoided her glare.

"And why not, Q?" She questioned with much sass in her tone just before adjusting her head scarf.

"Because I said so. That man is no friend of mine so you don't need to be talking to him Le."

"Oh, so now you control who I talk to? What? Do I look I'm your child?"

"You really gonna keep on with this? I said you don't gotta be talking to him so you don't gotta be talking to him. I'm not going to ask you again Le." His sternness allowed Le to get the message causing her to sit silently in defeat- but knowing Leandra, he knew she wouldn't stay silent for long.

"I just find it funny how y-" her comeback was however quickly cut off as Quincy abruptly spoke over her own voice.

"Damn it, Leandra! Can you just promise me? Huh? Can you promise me you won't talk to him. Baby, If you ever see him doing something so simple as walking you go and cross the street, okay? If he even has the nerve to say good morning to you, you oughta say goodnight- no, matter fact, don't even say nothing. . . now you gotta promise me that Le. . . can you please promise me?" He uttered as he finally brought himself to look at her in the eyes for the first time tonight. "Promise?"

"Not until you tell me what happened, Q."

"After you promise."

"Alright fine. . . I promise, Quincy." She agreed to the terms as she looked into his eyes, still wondering just what was bothering his soul. Normally she wouldn't have obliged ever so quickly but she knew whatever the issue was, it definitely had to be serious; so serious that he would blatantly break his friendship with the man who he had claimed to be his best friend ever since he joined the police force. "Now tell me, Q"