03: Just A Strange Day

BAEKHYUN pressed his lips into a tight line, his eyes drilling their way into his own trembling hands

BAEKHYUN pressed his lips into a tight line, his eyes drilling their way into his own trembling hands. What just happened? And why couldn't he stop thinking about the boys stare just now? The clock's sound was drowning the silence, ripping it like a blank piece of paper.

A breath left his lips, his hands still shaking in rapid pace back and forth. "Baekhyun?"A voice suddenly made its way through his sensitive ears, pulling him from his thoughts back into reality. He drifted his eyes to Kyungsoo, a forced smile pinned on his lips. "What's wrong? You seem to be somewhere else with your thoughts," Kyungsoo mumbled, a sigh escaping the other's lips.

"I know.. I'm sorry.. I just," he stopped, biting his lips harshly as he let his eyes wander to the boy in the last row. Being his neighbor isn't enough, no, he's also in my class? Cold air touched his cheeks, his eyes totally lost in the other's flawless features.

His hazelnut-brown hair fell into his face, covering the half of his face as his eyes were closed lightly, probably trying to blend out every human soul surrounding him.

Baekhyun sighed once again, drifting his eyes back to Kyungsoo."Nothing..forget it."

"You sure?" The fake smile found it way back to his lips as he was nodding lightly. "No, need to worry. I've just been thinking about some stuff."

"If you say so. But we're friends now, so if you want to talk about anything. Feel free to talk to me."

Baekhyun's breath was cut short, his eyes fixated on Kyungsoo while a smile appeared in the corner of his lips. And this time the smile was sincere. Friends. "I'll. The same goes for you tho."

"I really appreciate that. Having someone to talk to feels good, I missed that." The brunette blinked, observing the heartache glued on his serious face. Is this about Kim Jongin? He frowned, biting his lips in frustration. Should I ask or..?

"Kim Jongin was someone really important to me, but now he's gone. He's gone because of me," Kyungsoo suddenly mumbled as if he could read the other's thoughts. Instead of replying right away Baekhyun chose to stay quiet, completely blending out their teacher as he focused his attention on his new friend.

He's gone?

"He was the only one I could talk to." Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun, a smile on his lips. "But that's enough of the depressing shit. Actually, I'm not like this."

"It's fine. I told you, you can talk to me whenever you want to."

"Thanks Baekhyun, you're a good friend."

▬ ☾ ▬

Voices drowned Baekhyun's ears, the smell of tasteless food flooding his nostrils. He frowned in disgust, staring down at the rice on his spoon. "This literally tastes like nothing."