「Not as he seems」

He came to a halt, whipping his head left and right as he tried to make sense of the dim corridor system. His heart raced in his chest, he had a hand wrapped around a slim wrist connected to a pale female whose skin pulsed a faint light, guiding them down the halls. The moment he stepped into the lab he had no idea he would end up here...

[12:22 Sunday, Tokyo - Japan]

Axel strode along the winding road connected to an isolated laboratory, picking at a few small pink Sakura flowers that bled their colour into his hair, focused on reaching his destination until the faint cry from a flock of seven magpies caught his attention. He arrived, standing before a high security door. A blinding aqua light granted him access.

"My dear boy, how was your flight?" A tall man asked as he popped out from the corner.

"It was fine, father." Axel responded, shoving his hands half into his pockets as he spoke.

"Listen, I have some work to attend to, I'll get to you soon." His father turned away, returning to some gadget he was meddling with. Axel nodded once before heading down one of the many corridors to explore. He knew his father tried hard, but grief had clouded his mind recently, so Axel was sent in exchange to give him time, he meant well though.

As Axel wandered silently, a flash of white caught the corner of his eye, his curiosity grasping him and luring him towards a locked door. An identification pad rested in the wall beside him, after placing a steady hand upon it Axel heard a click. The gloomy, green door slid open, revealing a mess of cords and containers scattered around. Axel's eyes took a moment to adjust to the dimness of the room, his eyes wandered over to the source of the white glow, only to come across a female whose skin almost looked like paper. The mess of cords ran from the girl in the corner to beeping machines, Axel winced at the thought of being in her position. He moved over to her and knelt down, taking a closer look at the odd girl. There was a weak cobalt pulse in her veins that illuminated the corner every once in a while. He reached his hand out to see if she was awake before quickly pulling away with wide eyes, the female snapped open her eyes, which also had a snow-like glow to them. She looked at hm oddly, confused yet fascinated, as if he had something to hide.

"What are you doing here?" She growled.

"Sorry..." Axel begun, taking a glimpse of her up close, she had a thin frame to her, as if she was left here to starve, "they neglected you, didn't they?" He asked, his onyx eyes focussed straight into hers.

"I suppose...you could say that," she shrugged, dragging out her vowels a tad, "but," She smirked as an idea came toner mind, Axel shuffled in his spot, "you could get me out?"

"And why would I do that?" Axel asked, arms crossed with his eyebrows raised.

"Look at me! They don't care about me, but I want to have a life you see, being fifteen and all." She explained, looking away to the door, "just unhook me and we will be free."

Axel couldn't believe he was actually considering this, but her points were valid. He rose to his feet and hesitantly made his way over to some machines. Disjointing the girl as she ripped the wires from her skin. Sirens. They blared a high pitch squeal causing Axel to flinch, he quickly grabbed the girl's wrist and ran out if the prison like room. Axel wanted his hand in front of them to lighten the hallway, making sure the girl wasn't paying attention to the action.

Axel darted straight to an exit, his heart racing and mind foggy. Everything was fine until the glare of his father halted him.

"Axel, step away from her and you'll be ok," Axel's father's tone as shaken and drenched with concern, "please, she is dangerous."

"You neglected her..." axel responded blankly, he stared at his father in disbelief.

"I will say it again, she is dangerous Axel, I beg of you, step away!" His father pleaded,

"No," Axel responded with a harsh tone, his brows furrowed. He bit his lip, taking a step back and ran off the other way, pulling the girl with him.

"Why?" The girl spoke, catching Axel's attention, "why did you chose me?" She asked, her voice barely coherent. Nothing but their running steps could be heard as they echoed down the halls when axel didn't respond.
They eventually came to a stop, standing far from the lab. By now axel had let go of the girl, he stood side on, facing away from her, his eyes fixated on a single magpie opposite him.

"Finally, I'm out of that place," the girl spoke with a smug look plastered on her face as she took in the fresh air of the outside world. It was only a moment after moving her gaze on axel when her eyes widened, her mouth agape. He turned to face her and smiled before clicking his fingers, the pink shade melting away without a trace from his hair to leave pearl like strands in their place. Axel then rubbed his hand over his arm, a small faded, sky blue hourglass engraved in his arm appeared at the same time his onyx eyes drained, only to be replaced by the same pearl white as his hair.

"Welcome, Nevaylyss." He bowed to the girl who then noticed the same hourglass appear on her own arm.