Over Time Chapter 5

After the first few months of the school year, me and James became really close. We like each other very much, but we have never really admitted it to each other.

Until now.

. . . . .

It's the middle of December and we are just about to get out of school for Christmas vacation.

For our last day before break, me and James combined our classes together and we watched 'Christmas Vacation' for the day.

Good thing to, because I sure didn't have a damn thing to teach before the break.

When 3:30 finally came around and basically all the students were out of the building except for a few, James came over to my classroom when I was finishing entering grades in the grade book.

"Geez Ali, take a minute and relax. School just got out! Take a breath!" James said.

"I can't, I've got to get these grades done in the next--- 12 minutes. I can't i ca--"

He cuts me off.

"Al stop--stop for a second okay?"

He puts his hands over my shaky hands that are still trying to grade papers.

"Look at me."

I looked over and saw those gorgeous brown eyes just looking into my soul. Suddenly all of the stress from the grading disappeared.

I look at the clock.

"10 1/2 minutes. Now can I please finish my grading so I can get the hell out of here?"

"Only if you listen to me for---" he looks at his watch. "30 seconds."

"Fine. Go."

"After you get this grading done, how about we go get a beer, maybe even some dinner. You know, to celebrate SURVIVING these first few months. But, before that, you need to RELAX. Okay?"

I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"Okay. I'm good."

"Alright. 8 1/2 minutes. Let's go. You can do it. Just come to my class when you're done grading."

"Okay, will do."

Just when he was about to walk out of my class I yell, "Jimmy!"

"Yeah what is it?"

"I would love too by the way." I said while blushing.

He got a huge grin on his face.

"Okay! Just let me know when you're ready."

After I was finally done grading those papers, I walked over to his class.

"DONE! With 15 seconds to spare!"

"Nice!"

"So where do you feel like going? Do you want to swing by 'Hawaiian Style Grill' and bring it back here?"

"Actually I had something different in mind..."

"And what's that?"

He gets up and walks toward the closet in the corner of the room.

"I thought maybe, I can take you somewhere nice. So I got you...," he pulls something out of his closet. "This."

It was the most beautiful, stunning dress I had ever seen in my life.

It was perfect. It was a teal colored dress that when I held it up to me, it went just above my knees. It has cute black belt attached to it to give it a little more style.

"Jimmy, you didn't have to do this. This is to sweet. How much did this cost??"

"It doesn't matter. I got it because I know you will look great and I thought it was perfect. But anyway if you want, you can run home and get ready and I can pick you up around 6 o'clock?"

"Sounds great! Thank you so much."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him the biggest hug ever.

We sat there for at least a minute just hugging. It's like time was frozen, and we were just sitting there enjoying every second of it.

"Well, I better go get ready! See you in a few hours."

We said goodbye and I ran out to my car.

"Tonight will be perfect." I thought to myself as I sat in my car.

This night, this night would change my life forever.