Chapter 5

Rose

Upon entering Amber's room and taking a look at the scene before us, to say we were shocked would be an understatement.

There on the bed was the sleeping little devil. Our mastermind Amber, who hadn't even gotten ready had fallen asleep. Victoria and I exchanged worried looks, before smiling wickedly.

"1....2....and 3"

"AMBER!" We screamed on the top of our lungs in union and jumped into her bed.

"AAAAHH!" She woke up with a start and frantically looked around frightened.

I rolled on the bed and clutched my stomach which had started to hurt from laughing too hard whereas Victoria began to snort trying to calm down her laughs.

The look on Amber's face was priceless as she put her hand over her chest trying to calm down her racing heart. She then looked really mad as she snapped her head in our direction and narrowed her eyes. In a flash, she kicked us down from her bed effortlessly which died down our laughs to some extent.

"That's what you get for waking me up like that." She pouted glaring stubbornly. After a pause of a few seconds, all of us burst into fits of giggles again.

***

After Amber quickly got ready, we discussed today's plan with Victoria and headed out of the room. We had a change in our plan as Victoria insisted on going to a newly opened amusement park where Alex had initially refused to go with her. Sadly for him, he would have to now as he had promised to take us wherever we pleased.

Alex didn't seem too happy with the plan but agreed with it nonetheless. He left first to get his car from the garage and we headed out of the mansion after bidding farewell to John and Paige.

On the way, I checked my messages and texted everyone back. I was seated at the back of the car with Amber whereas Victoria and Alex were sitting at the front.

As I scrolled through my Instagram feed, I came across a picture that made my eyes widen.

"Wow, Uncle Sebastian and Aunt are at the base camp of Mt. Everest! Amber, have you seen these pictures?"

"I know right. Mom and Dad are having fun all alone. They should've taken us too. Honestly, I'm quite jealous looking at those pictures." Amber whined, making us laugh.

"Amber, they're there as a part of their work and not to only have fun." Alex reasoned defending their parents which made Amber huff and roll her eyes.

Uncle Sebastian is Mom's older brother and he and his wife aunt Sophia were painters. They would often travel to different places of the world and take lots of pictures, which would help them to paint their artworks later. Right now, they were in the Himalayas of Nepal. Their works were truly masterpieces and would each cost a large sum of money.

After an hour, Alex pulled the car into the stretch of the Amusement park. Me and Amber got off and headed towards the ticket counter while Victoria stayed with Alex while they looked for a parking spot.

Getting in line for tickets, I couldn't help but feel like an excited 10-year old. As the place had just recently been opened, many fun games with exciting prizes were being offered which seemed to have attracted a large number of people.

We found our way to the entrance after collecting the tickets where Alex and Victoria were waiting for us. The ticket collector checked out our tickets and let us in.

Upon entering the amusement park, we were greeted with the sight of various kinds of game stalls, food stalls, roller coasters, slides, dark and flat rides, railways and a big Ferris wheel. I grinned happily before tugging Amber towards the line of game stalls.