THE🔽TRIANGLE OF DEATH

"We're twenty five degrees North and seventy two degrees West

"We're twenty five degrees North and seventy two degrees West."

I was staring at the coordinates on the radar.

"Yes," Captain Phillip confirmed.

"I mean where do you intend to go actually?"

"Where you're thinking I'm going," a small smile payed on his lips.

"Stop the ship here and turn back. No way am I going to let you go beyond this," I shouted.

The panic in my voice brought down the others. Sam was rubbing his eyes, bleary from last night's drinking. He had downed two shots of Vodka.

"Actually I'm not thinking of going beyond this. This is where we dive underwater and explore." he proceeded to lower the anchors.

I turned to the others, my eyes narrowed, "Which of you bastards planned for this? You're crazy or what? You wanna go diving so close to the Bermuda triangle?"

"Hey buddy relax," Jake put an arm around me. "We deserve some bit of fun and besides one degree longitude in this region is near about sixty kilometers and that's a huge range to actually go into the notorious triangle."
I was fuming.

"We've girls with us," I pointed to Nina and Mia who were standing there, equally frozen at the altercation.

"They're braver than you, chicken," remarked Sam.

"You're drunk," I retorted, "First go grab some lemon soda and get to think with a sober head."

"There is nothing to think," Mike came face to face and crossed his arms. "We can't let you spoil our fun. We've been planning for days. It doesn't matter if you come with us. We're going."

"If you're a daredevil, I've nothing to do." I stormed off.

Entering my cabin, I locked the door with a slam and sat down on the bed. I was shaking from anger.

I heard banging on my door.

"Open up Alex. It's Mia here" she called.

"Go away and do whatever you want with those creeps. You were involved in the planning too," I retorted.

"You know that I'm not going anywhere," her voice was agitated. "Besides I didn't have a hint of their plans and hence I'm staying with you. Now stop sulking and open the door for heaven's..."

I opened it without further argument.

She came in and looked at me, her eyes full of emotions and then dragged me out.

"Look, I have an idea to know if they're safe. We need someone to monitor their oxygen supply and track their location, we'll sit at the controls and we are the ones who can guide them during an emergency," she went to all business mode, no trace of the Mia a few seconds back.