Carrie's Second Chance At Life

A/N: I came up with this idea last week and fell in love with it! and also because Carrie deserves a happy ending and this is what I gave her. This is just the backstory cuz there will be more Carrie/Avengers/ and probably some X-men/Carrie one shot fanfics in the future :)

All the future one shots will be in AU, just like this one! I hope you guys like it! :)

(Side note 12/22/2021: I slightly changed a little on this backstory, I made Carrie a little bit younger but she's still a teen, She's about 15 but about to turn 16 before she gets adopted, so to me it makes more sense. I also changed Senior Prom to Junior prom so yeah and had her transfer to a new high school in New York to finish her senior year and don't worry she still gets to go to Professor X's school, so yeah, that's all I need to say lol)

Before she had a second chance to live a better life, Carrie White was a young girl from Chamberlain, Maine who was heavily bullied by peers at school, especially a popular group called "The Ultras" led by Christine Hargensen, who hated her since sixth grade. She never had any friends throughout her lifetime and was used to being alone. But then again, she never trusted anyone in that school anyways, even though someone tries to be nice to her, she'd think it was some kind of prank or just because they felt sorry for her, not because because they think she's interesting or a good person to be around.

And to make matters worse, her home life wasn't any better, she had a extremely religious and abusive mother named Margaret White, who would beat her and send her to her "praying closet" If she ever did what Margaret thought was "sinful". Despite all of that, she still loved her mother, it was the only family she had close to her.

After the shower incident, she discovered that she had telekinetic powers. She studied and tested her powers, but the only one who knows about it is her mother, nobody else.

Chris, furious about getting banned from the Junior prom and Carrie going instead of her, comes up with a cruel prank to humiliate the young outcast with her friends and boyfriend, Billy Nolan, as revenge. They planned to dump a bucket of blood on her in front of everyone in the whole gym when she wins Prom Queen.

Sue didn't know about it though, she asked her boyfriend Tommy to take Carrie to the prom as she felt guilty about what she did to Carrie along with the other bullies back in the school showers. So she was never in on the prank.

Meanwhile, the Avengers come to Maine to find a evil genius criminal that escaped from jail, stole one of Tony's robots and plans use it to wreak havoc.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the criminal comes to Chamberlain, Maine at the wrong time the night of the prom and decides he was gonna cause chaos on people at the prom, thinking the Avengers won't find him or lose track of him.

Carrie and Tommy win prom king and queen, little did they know, Carrie was about to get pig's blood poured on her, everyone laughs, she snaps and uses her powers to kill those people.

Just when Chris was about to dump it on her and unintentionally cause Carrie to snap, a giant mechanical robot that belonged to Tony busted in, destroying the entrance of the gym, successfully ruining Chris' revenge plan, messing up everyone's special night, but mostly Carrie's special night. It was her night of feeling loved, feeling accepted by other people and ruined thanks to this evil escaped convict.

The Avengers have arrived at the perfect time and began to fight him, they told everyone to leave the scene but Carrie chose to stay. Angry about her special night being ruined and this guy trying to genuinely hurt and kill people, she decided to stay and fight him. The Avengers wondered why until she revealed her telekinetic powers.

This robot took awhile to defeat since that escaped convict tampered with the stolen robot and rebuilt it to make it 10 times stronger than how Tony created it.

The guy was finally defeated and Carrie was so exhausted from using so much power and fighting.

The entire gym was destroyed but Tony offered to give the school money to have it rebuilt.

The next morning, she woke up in the hospital and she was surrounded by people who were worried about her, such as Sue, Tommy, Ms. Desjardin and last but not least the Avengers.

Amazed by what a fight she put up last night, they ask Carrie if she could be interesting in joining S. H. I. E. L. D. They explained to her what it was about and she liked the concept of it, but Carrie felt that she had to ask her mother first before she makes that life changing choice. Ms. Desjardin was anxious about this but the Avengers assured her that they'd have her back if anything else happens.

She spent a couple of weeks at the hospital as she had some serious injuries on her from the fight that needed to be healed up, Sue and Tommy came to see her after school and became her good friends, her first friends that she never had and genuinely cared about her. Sue explained to her that Chris was planning to dump blood on her in front of the whole school and humiliate her, she told the police on her and the people in on it and they all got arrested and expelled from Ewen High School. Carrie was happy about this, her tormentors finally got their fate they deserved and they'll never try to hurt her again.

As for the Avengers, she found herself getting close to them as each day she spent in that hospital passes, especially Tony and Steve.

Steve was disgusted with the people that abused and mistreated her throughout her life and felt the need to be protective over her. Her felt so much sympathy for her.

Her and Tony's relationship was like a daughter and father type relationship, which felt weird yet new to Carrie since her father was mostly out of her life and she never knew what it was like to have one.

After her days at the hospital were up and her injuries healed nicely, she was free to go back home and see her momma, but it was going to be the last time. After she let her know her mother that she came home, her mother came from behind her and tried to attack her with a knife, her intentions was to kill her to "get the devil out of her little girl's body".

Luckily, Steve held back Margaret and stopped her from harming her daughter and it was going to be the last time she ever would.

The cops came and arrested Margaret, placing her somewhere in a mental institution. Feeling she has nobody now, she breaks down on the ground crying.

Tony, having a lot of empathy for her, decides to take her under his roof, gain custody of 15 year old Carrie White and adopt her. Carrie was absolutely in tears of joy about this.

While she did finish her Junior year at Ewen High School, she never stayed one more year for her senior. After she moved away from Chamberlain, Maine to Manhattan, New York to be with her adopted family, she was transferred to a five star private high school for her senior year and much to her happiness, she made a couple new friends there. For the first time, she felt safe and accepted with open arms.

After Carrie graduated from private high school in her senior year and finally getting her high school diploma from there, Tony suggests that she should attend for Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters as a college, she agrees to go to the place to learn more about her powers. Not only that she loves the school, she also made more new friends than before as they were the people she can relate to having powers. While she did like the private high school that she graduated from, she loved this new school better, not only did she love it more than her last two schools but it was a place where she didn't feel like a freak due to her powers because she was actually around people with powers, she actually felt where she belonged.

With her those old horrible times at Chamberlain gone and with her new life in Manhattan, New York with new family and new friends, Carrie can finally say that she's happy with the life that she always wanted and she deserved.

When she suffering back in her hometown with her dreadful old life, she would pray that she would get out of it but she felt that God was ignoring her as a punishment for whatever "sin" that she did, turns out that he was actually listening and answered her prayers. Carrie was very grateful that he was on her side the entire time.