A Sweet Slumber Party Part 1

Lela and I turned as Lela started singing.

(Lela)
The day started ordinary Boys walking by (oohh, oohh)
It was the same old story Too fresh or too shy

(Makana)
I'm not the kind To fall for a guy Who flashes a smile (It goes on for miles)
Don't usually swoon,
But I'm over the moon (Cause he was just too cool for school)

(Both)
And now I'm fallin' for ya, fallin' for ya Can't hold on any longer And now I'm fallin' for ya.

(Makana)
Feels like I tumbled from another world Into your arms and it's so secure

(Lela)
Maybe I'll stumble, but I know for sure Head over heels, I'm gonna be your girl.

Lela and I danced together as the music played before we both twirled. Lela and I gasped as we fell. I knew she didn't need to worry because of Tanner, however, I did need to worry.

Just before I would've hit the floor, two arms caught my waist. I glanced up to my rescuer to see Butchy looking worriedly at me.

"Are you alright?" Butchy asked.

"U-um y-yeah." I stuttered, "Yeah. I'm okay."

"Good." Butchy stated quickly as he helped me stand back up.

"Thank you for catching me." I murmered with a gracious smile.

"It was nothin'. I was jus' goin' t' get a soda when y' fell."

I gave a small shrug, "Still. Thanks." I said before going out to the beach.

Ugh. Men.

/Butchy's PoV\

I was talkin' with Cheech and Lugnut when I realized my drink was empty. After taking care of the bottle I started my way over to Big Momma. As I neared the stage where Lela and Mick were singing, I heard two gasps. Lookin' at the girls, I noticed Mick just about to fall on her face.

I ran over and caught Mick just before her head hit the floor. She thanked me twice before running out the front door. Am I that unapproachable to her?

Ugh. Women.

/Makana's PoV\

I was sitting on the sand, thinking over everything that my parents told me in their story. First, they went to Big Momma's and saw the Bikers sing. Then, Mom fell into Tanner and Dad caught Lela. After that, Mom had a PJ party and Dad had fun with the surfer dudes.

So far I've been a part of 1/3 of those events. Instead, Butchy caught me. The movie should still be going in the right direction, but with my existence and inconvenience thrown in with the mix. I just hope that when I leave, it'll still be on the right path.

I was just about to get up and go apologize to Butchy for running from him when I heard somebody come up behind me. "Hiya, Mick!"

"Hey, Lela." I mumbled.

Lela sat next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright, Mick?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said before changing the subject, "So, what are you doing later?"

"I'm having a sleepover with the girls. Would you like to come?"

"Sure! I wouldn't miss it!"

No more than a few minutes after that, I was brought to the front door of Lela's house. Considering the fact that my outfit can and will change in an instant, I wasn't exactly shocked by this.

I adjusted the shirt I was wearing before I rang the doorbell. I stood there for only a couple seconds before the door opened. Seeing as I was expecting Lela, I was stunned when I saw Butchy standing in the doorway. In his pajamas.

He was wearing a deep red T-shirt with red plaid bottoms. Man, I wish they showed this scene in the movie! I would pause it here every time. Wait, what?! When did I start thinking like this about Butchy?!

"What are you's doin' 'ere?" Butchy asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh! U-uh. Lela invited me here. For the sleepover."

"Oh." he said before stepping aside and letting me in, "She's upstairs with the girls. Follow the gigglin'."

"Thanks, Butchy." I said before running up the stairs.

Just like Butchy said, I only had to follow the sound of giggling to find Lela and the girls.

Seeing as I didn't have any pajamas, Lela gave me a beautiful blue nightgown that ended around the middle of my thigh. After I changed, Struts sat me down in front of the vanity and started putting my hair in curlers and spraying them with water. In the meantime, Lela and CheeChee did my nails and then told me that I should sit under the dryer for a while to let my hair dry.

By the time my hair was dry, it was CheeChee's turn for her beehive to be done. As Struts teased Cheech's hair, Lela took my hair out of the curlers.

"Mick," I looked up at Struts, "I know this sounds odd, but could you please go downstairs and grab my purse? I need my hairspray and pins."

"But Butchy is down there and he doesn't like me at all."

The girls all giggled. "You really don't see it do you?" Lela asked.

"See what?"

"The way he looks at you?"

At that moment, I felt like that meme back home with Marlin and Dori on it that says, 'It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.'

"She really doesn't get it!" exclaimed CheeChee.

Lela looked me up and down before pushing another chair up to the vanity and telling me to sit down. She told me to close my eyes and smile as brightly as possible, so I did. A few minutes later, after brush after brush and liquid after liquid was either dabbed, spread, smeared or stained on my face, Lela told me to look at my reflection.

I opened my eyes to see a new face. Well, I knew it was still my face, but it didn't look like it at first. I looked at least three years older. There wasn't too much make-up on me, but it was enough to make me do a double take. I had small, cat eye eyeliner, a light blush, some lip gloss and skin tone eye shadow. My hair was in beautiful curls and I absolutely loved it.

"Now, you're ready." CheeChee commented beside me.

"I don't know...I mean, I like it, but what does this have to do with Butchy?" I asked confusedly.

"You'll see." Struts smiled.

Lela stood up and pulled me with her to the door. "Mick, this is my brother we're talking about. I know him better than anyone. Would you mind if I gave you one last tip before you go?"

I nodded rapidly, "Yes, please."

"If there is one thing my brother can't help but stare at, it's a girl with curls. So, flaunt it. Toy with them. Flirt with your eyes while you play with your hair."

"Okay. Thank you, Lela." I thanked before hugging her.

"You're welcome. Knock him dead. Well, not literally, but-"

"What she's tryin' t' say is make 'im drool watchin' you's." Cheech simplified.

"Act like you's have no idea where my purse is." Struts added. "He'll help you out."

I gave them a thumbs up before walking downstairs. I stopped when I saw Butchy sitting on the couch. I pulled half of my curls to the front before walking over to the other side of the couch.

"Ugh. It's not here either." I grumbled.

"What isn't where?" Butchy asked as he looked over to me.

"Struts told me to get her purse, but I've looked everywhere. Lela's room, the bathroom, heck, I even tried the backyard. I can't find it anywhere." I claimed dejectedly as I nervously tugged my hair.

"Why can't she look fer it herself?" Butchy asked, turning to me.

"One word. CheeChee."

That got him on his feet. "I'll help you look."