6

The ride to Ryan's place consisted of constant giggles and complaints of eating too much food from the both of you.

After the ride shortly ended, you followed Ryan to his apartment.

"Welcome to my humble abode," He said as he opened the door.

You stepped into his home, which was... admittedly, cleaner than you had expected. It was also nice to point out that it smelled of vanilla air freshener.

Ryan lead you to his room which was massive. There was a bed in front of a TV, and a desktop computer in the corner of the room.

You took a seat on his bed, while he began to set up his Nintendo Switch

Abruptly, a dog began to bark from another room, and before you knew it a blonde German Shepherd was at your feet.

You kneeled down to pamper and admire the cute dog. "Who is this beauty?" You asked, looking up at Ryan.

"That's my boy, his name is Lego. He's goofy as fuck," He laughed, petting Lego's head.

Ryan went to close his bedroom door as Lego laid down beside the bed.

Ryan threw a tiny red controller at you and loaded the game before sitting next to you.

"What the hell, these controllers are so tiny," You laughed, comparing it to your hand size.

"At least you don't have my big manly hands," Ryan giggled.

"Your hands can't be that big." You held your other hand up to span it's size.

Ryan held his other hand against yours, proving his to be about twice the size of your hand.

His hand was extremely nice... he had nice length fingers, that were probably capable of-

Oh God. Your cut off your thoughts and put your focus back onto the conversation.

"They're not that big, but they're nice." You admitted. Ryan laughed. "I hear that a lot."

"Who's your character gonna be?" He asked, returning back to the game.

"Hmm." You thought, scrolling through the characters. "Shy Guy, probably."

"I've never seen anyone play as him before," Ryan said, choosing King Boo as his character.

You selected your vehicles and began the Mushroom Cup.

The first race was the Stadium, the easiest race of all. Ryan, of course ended up in first, as you ended up in a close third.

"How the hell do I drift?" You asked. "The R button, silly." Ryan patted your head.

The first few races ended up being all over the place for you, but Ryan was still in first place and won the cup.

"I'm still getting used to these controls, stop showing off," You joked.

"Sorry, (Y/N)" He laughed.

You got the hang of the controls after the first race of the second cup, getting a consistent second place, closely behind... Ryan.

Of course.

The last race of the cup began, which turned out to be Shy Guy Falls.

"If you don't win this race you can't claim Shy Guy anymore." Ryan announced.

You gasped. "I'm never giving up my child."

The competition was on for real now.

It turned out to be an intense race. You saved up your power boosts and tried to use them strategically.

It was the last lap and you were on Ryan's tail behind first place.

"I'm coming for you, motherfucker."

"I'd like to see you try."

Seconds later, you received red shells and hit Ryan before the finish line, landing you a spot in...

First place.

"Oh my god, finally!" You cheered in his face, as he laughed at your excitement.

"This probably won't happen again, so cherish it."

"I will! God, it's so sexy when you lose to me." You playfully bragged. Ryan nearly choked because of your word choice.

The next races ended up like the last one- with you winning. Ryan couldn't even pretend to be mad: it was cute seeing you win and be happy.

A few hours had passed and you guys were still playing Mario Kart trying out the battle modes together, being on the same team, or against each other.

Eventually you grew tired. "Can I watch you play Mario Odyssey or something?" You asked.

"Yeah, of course! You know anything about it?" Ryan questioned.

You shook your head. "Not at all. I love the soundtrack, though."

He nodded. "Yeah, it's super good."

Ryan leaned back into his bed and switched the games. You got under the covers of his bed and watched him play through the levels.

*

An hour had passed. Ryan was still playing Mario Odyssey, too worried to wake you up from your sleep.

He stood up and turned off the switch and TV.

He had to wake you up, but you looked so peaceful.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N)." Ryan tapped your shoulder.

Your eyes fluttered open.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asked.

"Uhh, fuck. What time is it?"

"Almost ten," He looked at his phone.

"Shit," You sighed.

"Yeah, I should probably get going. I have work in the morning. I can just walk home though," You sat up and put on your shoes.

"No! I can drive you home, it's dark outside, I don't want you to get, like... kidnapped, or some shit." Ryan stood up.

You wanted to object but he was too damn sweet. After he slid on his flip flops, he lead you outside to his car and drove you home.

A few minutes later, you arrived in front of your apartment complex.

You took a glance at Ryan who smiled at you.

God, you didn't want this day to end at all. Stupid work.

"Thank you for taking me home... and for the lunch... and for letting me beat you at Mario Kart." You spoke

"You're absolutely welcome." Ryan was practically beaming. "I'll text you. Or visit you tomorrow during work, or something. I don't know. I do love spending time with you though,"

Your heart was beating in your throat. He was so cute, you wanted to kiss him so bad.

It took all of your power not to. "Oh, please do, you my work days a lot better," You laughed, and leaned to the side to hug him.

"Oh, absolutely." He muttered and hugged back softly. He was extremely warm.

"Alright, I'll see you later," You pulled away and hopped out of the car.

"Bye sweets," Ryan blew a kiss at you behind the window.

You blushed and rolled your eyes before making your way back to your home.