Epilouge

8 MONTHS LATER

As the jet began to lower down, Willow checked her phone. She was getting service again, and Nicki was blowing up her phone:

'U have the dress????'

'Yes,' Willow texted back.

'OMG IM SO EXCITED IM GETTIN MARRIED'

Willow smiled.

Nicki sent, 'R U SURE YOULL BE HERE????'

'I wont b gone long,' Willow texted. 'Only here for 3 days, wouldnt miss ur wedding for the world.'

Nicki sent, 'REMEMBER U HAVE A +1!!!'

Willow sighed. She yawned, and texted her friend, 'landing now. Call you soon as I can. Tell george I said hi'

Nicki replied, 'ok lovely. REMEMBER UR +1, BRING SOMEONE RICH'

Willow laughed.

When the plane touched down on the runway, Willow looked with bleary eyes out at the land. It was rolling sand dunes, lit by a orange sun. About a kilometer away, visible from the runway, was an enormous palace of white marble. It complimented the light brown of the sand, and reflected the sun. It was so lovely, Willow felt her exhaustion from the long flight fading in her excitement to get off the plane.

She nudged Dan, who was dozing next to her. He jolted awake.

"I'm getting off," she said, and made a dash to the door of the jet. She loved flying in her own personal plane, courtesy of the royal family. She didn't have to wait in line to get off, and could exit right onto the runway.

When the jet's door hissed open, there were already stairs waiting for her. Dan yelled something about her slowing down and waiting for he and Jenny, but she was already dancing down the steps. A hot, dry wind caught the scarf around her neck, and tossed it and all her hair around her face, blinding her. She somehow made it down the stairs, and corralled her hair.

The first person she saw was a young man with a handsome face and dark hair, wearing a long white dress- a thobe if she remembered correctly- and a black robe over it, trimmed in gold. He bowed slightly.

She stood there, her hair and scarf all over the place, and met his eyes.

"Your Highness," the Crown Prince Khalid said.

"Your Highness," Willow responded.

It seemed as though he did not dare smile. She accepted another Saudi man's hand and stepped off the stairs onto the tarmac.

"Welcome to Saudi Arabia, Ambassador," Khalid said.

Willow nodded. "Thank you."

"Would you come this way?"

He gestured towards a long black car waiting for them. Willow nodded, and walked alongside him.

"I appreciate you making this trip to my country," Khalid said formally. He was really walking on eggshells. His eyes were on the ground, and he had made no move to treat her any differently than any other visiting dignitary.

"The Queen insisted I come," Willow said. "She wanted to thank you again for your help in the rescue of Prince Henry."

Khalid gave her a quick glance.

"We're still looking for the original kidnappers," Willow continued. "But, on an unrelated note, the Queen would like me to discuss the possibility of offering your country help with some problems we hear you are having with a neighboring country."

Khalid looked at her in disbelief. Willow returned his gaze.

"If that's all right with you," she said.

"Of course," Khalid said.

Willow nodded. "As you know, I usually only go to Africa. However... I think my grandmother is still trying to play matchmaker."

She looked at Khalid. "Is that your palace that I saw coming in?"

"Yes, Ambassador."

"Does it have a ballroom?"

Khalid stared at her. Very slowly, he started to smile.

"It does indeed, Ambassador."