CHAPTER ONE: Meeting Brad

It's quite a cozy evening and I'm walking among tents in the dark trying to find my way. Suddenly, I freeze as I hear someone calling me from behind, scared and a bit motionless, I stare as two figures approach in the dark. I watch as they come closer one of them seeming familiar but I can't recall from where.

One of them smiles as he asks "hey sup what are you doing here? nonchalantly I smile back as I reply more awkwardly than possible humm "hi! I arrived today from Accra a...., my unnecessary ramble was cut off by the sound of his laughter , raising my eyes to meet his, I gave the look that says "why are you laughing ? Shaking his head lightly, he said nothing just that that I know that already. I just want to know what you are doing right here as at now cos it's getting late.

A bit taken aback by that I answered with an oh! I'm just trying to figure out where to get a bulb for where we're staying. As he parted his lip to release what I guess were words, a smaller figure beside him greeted me in quite an unfriendly tone.

It was then that I remembered that he was not alone, feeling embarrassed for unintentionally ignoring his companion I bit my bottom lip as I mumbled Hello! to the girl beside him. Coming closer to him she said " Brad why don't you introduce me to your friend. He smiled before saying sorry to her as he proceeded to make introductions,"Carol - Crystalene" "Crystalene - Carol" I nodded as we both said nice to meet you.

I can show you the way if you don't mind Brad said still holding a smile, I looked a bit concerned at the girl beside him, "good Lord" she was by then sending me killing daggers. Noticing my discomfort, Brad said I was just living Carol here, her house is not far.

I shrugged, completely pissed off Carol stormed pass me sending me a fake smile that even a dumb fool would've noticed. Turning back to me Brad said shall we?

Brad! nice name I thought to myself. He seems to know my family well and is good looking too. He was wearing a black round neck shirt with a design I couldn't fathom well in the dark and paired it up with a nice stone washed jeans.
His hair was cut down, and his height, eyes skin tone and voice were things almost every girl would have fallen for. In all honesty he was good looking. No to make it more than obvious that I was checking him out I mentally slapped myself and said yes we shall!

During the few minutes walk we spoke about each other, he asking questions about my life in Accra and others. By the time he walked me back to my house I could say we were more or less friends though I don't think I have friends because to me they are all fake ." No offence just my personal opinion".

As he entered my house he greeted my mom and the two of them immediately started a chit chat, well to me it's now pretty clear that our families knew each other well. Saying goodbye he left my house still having this small smile on his list.

As soon as I closed the door I rushed to the room closed the door and crashed straight against it, OMG! I think I'm having a crush at first sight!!

Author's Note:
Damn I know it was that boring erhhh!
Please comment and correction are allowed , feel free to tell me what you think of this chapter.
Lot's of love and know that I'm counting on you if this book should have a future ,so please comment and
Ps: slow down on the insults!