Dance With Me

Pairing: Rowan Whitethorn x reader
Warning: some cursing and attempted sexual assault
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                               Rowan sat in a tavern by himself, the rest of his cadre had disappeared leaving him with the only female of the cadre. She was swinging her hips from side to side with the music that played in the background. She's already asked Rowan to join her and he declined. She can tell males were watching her, Rowan included but in a non-creepy way, and she didn't care.

                                                She hummed to herself while continuing to dance by herself. Rowan scoffed, sometimes he believes she's too innocent, too carefree but he's seen her in battle and she wasn't all that innocent. Underneath all of that clothing, she had multiple blades, knives, and other weaponry she specializes in.

                                                 The odd thing is, though, she hasn't lost her first to anyone yet and that's surprised Rowan dearly. For someone that has her beauty, he expected Y/n to lose it to someone fairly quickly and that's why Rowan has become rather protective of her, making sure the hungry Fae males stayed away from her until she believes it's the right time to lose it.

                                                   Rowan tensed when a Fae male joined Y/n, he pressed himself up against her, lips pressed against her neck and Y/n flipped him over her shoulder almost immediately. Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at her. "Anyone else?" She asked. "No?" She asked. "Good. Back to your business."

                                                  Y/n sashayed back to Rowan. "Someday, you are going to end up in a position you don't want," Rowan sighs, taking a sip of ale. "I'll bash my out of it," Y/n chirped. "You can't always bash your way out of everything, Y/n," Rowan told her. "Watch me," Y/n chirped. "Y/n." Rowan starts but he was cut off when she grabbed her cloak and left the tavern.

                                                   Rowan slapped a gold coin down then followed her, his keen senses picked up struggling. He recognized those grunts then a plead, "No. Stop it. Let go of me, you pervert! Fuck off!" Rowan paled, he quickly found Y/n pinned to a wall with three Fae males surrounding her. "Come on, sweetheart. We just want some fun with ya," one of them said, Y/n drove her elbow into his face, kicked the other in the groin, and held a knife up against the third's neck. "Stay the fuck away from me, bastard," she snarled, her canine teeth out making him stumble back.

                                                   He and his buddies went running as Y/n sheathed her knife. "Well? Are you going to just stand there gawking?" Y/n demands, Rowan swallowed hard. Lorcan's told him how brutal Y/n can be when it came to males wanting nothing more than get in her pants and he didn't believe Lorcan until now. "I, uh, well." Y/n snorts then continued on her way.

                                                    Rowan quickly caught up with her. "Y/n," Rowan starts, she didn't stop. "Y/n, stop," Rowan grabbed her wrist and pulled her to his chest. "I know you can take care of yourself, I really do know. It's just, you're still young and I'm scared I won't be there to protect you during the battlefield when you're busy fighting," Rowan admits. "Since when did you become a softy?" Y/n chuckles, she leans on her toes to wrap her arms around his neck. "I believe I owe you a dance." Y/n pulled away from the hug. "Don't make me regret saying that."

                                                    And so, they danced through the night, the moonlight as their spotlight. It was worth it, to see her laugh and smile. After that, Rowan carried her back to Doranalle when she had fallen asleep on the way there. He opened the door to her bedroom then gently placed her on the bed gently, as he was leaving, Y/n gently caught his hand. "Rowan?" "Mhm?" "Can you stay with me?" Rowan blinked, Y/n looked so innocent now, almost like a child.

                                                   Rowan unbuckled his sword belt and placed it to the side before sliding into bed with her. Y/n immediately snuggled into him, falling asleep almost instantly. Rowan hesitated, but he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and stayed there for a bit before wrapping an arm around her waist, tugging her closer to him. "I will always stay with you, Y/n. No matter where I am, no matter where you are, I will always stay with you."