twenty six. ᵖᵃˢᵗ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ

Running as fast as her legs could travel, she looked behind her a gigantic grin etched onto her face

Running as fast as her legs could travel, she looked behind her a gigantic grin etched onto her face. Laughter filled her ears as she let the adrenaline rush through her body, her lungs begging for her to stop running.

"You whore! Come back!"

Sarah's voice could be heard from a distance, as she was running a bit slower than Aofie. Only hearing this made her legs gain speed, and she finally trampled into the goal, cheering.

"Point, again!"

Aofie yelled out cheerfully, before she yelped as she was tackled to the ground. Groaning and coughing as her lungs finally got revenge, she patted Sarah's back groaning.

"Uncle!"

Breathing out in relief when Sarah's body weight was officially off of her, she looked over to her teammate who only shrugged their shoulders.

"You bitch."

She mumbled out to them, raising up and dusting herself off.

"Can we play anything else other than this?"

Sarah whined out, once again for the third time that night. Rolling her eyes at her friend, she leaned into Rafe, allowing his body to hold her upright.

"We'll just stop playing games at this point."

Topper said, rubbing his heaving girlfriend's shoulder, looking down at her concerned.

"Sarah you really need to work on your stamina, if you were to get chased, you'd pass out or something."

Aofie told her, and Sarah gave her a thumbs up in agreement.

"Come on, let's go upstairs."

Rafe said, tugging his best friend away from the couple, and Aofie simply followed. Looking down at her grass stained knees, she frowned noticing some slight redness from grass burns she received.

"I have to go soon, Ver wants me home in an hour."

She informed Rafe, who only nodded his head grabbing a beer that was left on the island.

"Is that—?"

"Don't care, she shouldn't leave her alcohol unattended."

Huffing she rolled her eyes, as she picked at her lips nervously.

"Hey, I'm gonna go, I love you Riff."

Waving bye as she gathered her belongings in a slight rush, Rafe shrugged it off as her being upset about the recent news of her parents leaving for another trip.

"Bye, I love you, Leafy."

Kicking her skateboard up, she smiled brightly running towards the cave, and embracing the person waiting for her.

"I've missed you."

She said, hugging them tightly, as the other returned the favor.

"What movie did you bring?"

She asked, looking down at the basket, seeing a blanket poking out.

"Soul Surfer."

Grinning, she pulled them into the little area, sitting down on the cushions that were already there.

"You know me very well."

She said, as she situated comfortably, and watched as they set everything up.

"I'd hope so, otherwise I'd be a terrible girlfriend."

Kie said, looking over at Aofie, smiling.

"Come sit, bring the blanket."

"What did you do today?"

Kie asked, starting up a conversation, and Aofie looked up in thought as she gathered the memories throughout the day.

"Well, I woke up, and showered. I had to rush a little bit, because Rafe wouldn't stop calling me, getting impatient even though I woke up thirty minutes prior. Got a message on the way to the Cameron's Estate that my parents were leaving, two days after they had just gotten home. Rescued a cat, had to give the cat away because Ward didn't want it messing up the house or causing fleas."

Kiara listened carefully, with a gentle smile on her face as she watched her girlfriend scrunch her eyebrows together in thought.

"Oh! I made myself a Filipino desert, avocado, condensed milk, and ice. It tasted really, really, really good. I'll make it for you some time. Then Topper suggested playing football, and that went to hell, obviously. Then I came here, to see you."

She finished up, nodding, before she looked over at her girlfriend who was looking at her in adoration. Growing a bit shy at the eye contact, she broke it first and looked down shyly.

"Do you know how much I wished you and I could just walk around, hand in hand, kissing, and enjoying each other's presence in public? So fucking much."

Kiara suddenly blurted, and Aofie looked back at her and smiled softly at her.

"Really?"

"Really."