Chapter One

Ratchet sighed to himself. It was going to be another long day keeping the Autobots gear on Earth tidy and up-to-date. Though it wasn’t that bad, because Ratchet had Jack and Rafael – or Raf for short – to help him today.

“Hi Ratchet,” Jack greeted as he walked through an open ground-bridge, “How are you today?”

“I’m fine,” Ratchet respond, slightly grumpily, “Just like I am every other day.”

“You miss the rest of the Autobots?” Raf asked as he unpacked his laptop, “What has been since their last message from Cybertron?”

Ratchet sighed, “It was two months ago. They had only just started rebuilding.”

It had been year since the Autobots had saved humanity and Earth from the Decepticons and had left for their own home, Cybertron, while Ratchet had decided to stay behind well so that he could keep an eye over humanity.

Raf seemed to be happy scanning the globe for possible Decepticon threats, and Ratchet remembered that he would show Jack how the Energon that the Cybertronians used as fuel worked.

“Come with me Jack,” Ratchet called over his shoulder, “Come with me, and I’ll show you how we Autobots use Energon.”

Jack followed behind Ratchet, and Ratchet made sure that he watched were he placed his feet, as there was a lot of human and Cybertronian technology laying around the place.

When they got to the generator, which was full of synthetic Energon, Ratchet carefully opened a few valves on a control panel and extracted a small blob of the Energon.

“Although this isn’t real Energon,” Ratchet started to explain, “It is close enough that we are able to use it as a fuel. Energon is used to keep us Cybertronians alive, and is also used as fuel for our machines, tools, weapons, and even as money…”

***

“Bumblebee, come over here for a sec,” a blue robot shouted, “I need your help lifting this rock.”

Bumblebee, a yellow Autobot with black strips, walked over to the blue Autobot. He bent down, and got a grip on the edge of the rock that the other Autobot had mentioned.

After some grunting from Bumblebee, the rock was shifted, if only a small distance. Underneath though, there was what looked like a slightly rusted Cybertronian.

“I can’t lift that rock all by myself Arcee,” Bumblebee stated, “And even with your help, I doubt we’d be able to move that bot.”

“I have to agree Bee,” Arcee stated, “Besides, I think Optimus would want to have a look at this.”

The two Autobots transformed into their preferred vehicle modes – Arcee turning into a blue motorcycle that looked a lot like the earth bound Kawasaki Ninja 250R, and Bumblebee transforming into a yellow and black sports car that resembled the human Chevrolet Camaro – before speeding off towards the Nemesis.

Upon arrival, they found Optimus and Bulkhead shifting some of the Energon that the Autobots had found inside Nemesis into a trailer so that it could be moved to a safer location.

“Optimus, sir, we think we have found something that you might want to look at,” Arcee stated, ‘It could prove important.”

Optimus glanced at Bulkhead, who shrugged slightly, before nodding towards Arcee and Bumblebee, who then lead the way back to the Cybertronian that the pair had found.

The Autobots all transformed into their respective vehicle modes, and soon arrived at the location of the Cybertronian that Arcee and Bumblebee had found. Optimus took one look at it, and muttered under his breath.

“To think that our home would have been free once again,” Optimus stated.

***

The room was dark. But the dark had never bothered the boy that was sitting in the dark room. Now instead the boy embraced the dark, as the dark meant no light, and if there wasn’t any light, then the boy knew that he was not being injected, sprayed or covered with strange chemicals and energy.

Suddenly the bright lights burst on, and the boy squinted at the door, knowing that a strange man would be coming in soon. When the door opened, a man in a lab coat appeared, in his hands were, a clipboard, several needles and syringes, as well as a thermometer.

“Don’t worry son,” the lab coated stranger said calmly, “I’m just going to take a few samples of your blood and skin, and then I’ll take your temperature, then you can go back to whatever it was you were doing before.”

The boy scooted into a corner, saying, “Don’t touch me. You’re a lair, just like the rest of them.”

“I never wanted to hurt a boy of your age,” the strange man said, moving closer to the boy, “Nor a boy that has gone through what you have, but mankind needs a way of fighting aliens that wish to harm us.”

“I don’t care,” the boy stated, “I just want to go home.”

“I’m sorry, but until the government says otherwise,” the lab coated man explained, “You’re stuck here. Besides you’re the only one that has proven to have all of the traits necessary to become the first human super-soldier.”

With that, the stranger jab the first syringe into the boy, who blacked out from the chemicals that were injected into his body. After ten minutes of testing and injections of various new chemicals, the lab coated stranger stood up and left.

Before he closed the door though, he said one thing.

“I’m sorry.”