≫10

How

How....
whyy.....
hahevdiaigkuyftf

Thank you all so much for reading! Love you all!

___________

School flew by quickly and as usual, most of the Serpents went the the Whyte Wyrm. That group included Kai, Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni, and other young Serpents.

She made her way to the bar ready to get her night started, "Vodka?" Toni questioned when Kai told her what she wanted. It wasn't as strong as what the teen normally went for.

Kai shrugged and took the shot from her hand, "I don't want to get completely hammered tonight." Tilting her head back, she downed the shot.

Kai sighed in satisfaction at the slight burn in the back of her throat. Toni poured one more before tending to other customer. "Is that bet still on?" A voice asked form behind her. Finishing the shot, Kai turned meeting the chest of a giant.

She looked up remembering the bet she had made with Sweet Pea, "$20 If you beat me at pool, $20 for me if you lose."

Sighing, she got up from her seat and stretched out her arms, "You're on." Heading over to the pool table, Kai grabbed a pool cue and waited for Sweet Pea to finish setting up the game.

He started the game off, though it was downhill for him from the first hit. Kai smiled triumphantly down at the pool table, Sweet Pea bent down to take a shot when the bar door opened.

Sweet Pea glanced up from the game but rested his gaze back down below him, "I think this Northsider's lost." He said still concentrated on his shot.

"I'm not."

Recognizing the voice Kai had finally looked up. There stood Jughead in his serpent jacket, "I'm over being half a Serpent." He announced.

Sweet Pea stood up from his position and started making his way around the pool table, "Wow you would do anything to protect your Northside buddies." Sweet Pea scoffed bumping into Jughead purposely.

He started fixing up his pool cue, while Jughead kept talking, "My father was a Serpent, he lead you." He started to look around the bar, studying some of the Serpents, "I want to stand with you guys."

Jughead stared straight at Tallboy and pointed to him, "Tallboy gave me this jacket, it's time I start wearing it."

Kai chuckled, getting up from her position by the pool table "Saying you're ready to be a serpent is one thing," Looking him dead in the eyes she said, "Surviving he initiation is another."

________

Kai walked with Toni and Jughead out of the school, "So what do you think of the beast." Toni chuckled.

Jughead groaned and started to rant, "He stinks and he barks all the time. He's got no boundaries."

Toni shook her head amused, "Every knew recruit had to take care of Hotdog it's tradition."

Kai quickly chimed in, "He's our third hotdog by the way."

Jughead looked at the two of you weirdly, "So Hotdog The Third? The is getting borderline ridiculous."

Kai raised a brow, "Kind of like Forsyth The Third?" She mused. They all laughed and continued on towards their destination.

Toni and Kai decided to help Jughead 'study' for his initiation. She had gotten closer to Jughead in the past few days and they were sort of almost in the best friend phase, almost. It would take time, but they had too much in common to become friends.

Right now they were helping Jughead out with remembering the laws, "A serpent never shows cowardice, if a serpent's killed or imprisoned, their family will be taken care of, serpents-" Jughead blanked out trying to remember the next law.

"Come on focus!" Toni groaned, "You need to take this seriously."

Jughead sighed and rubbed his eyes, "Okay, I am, Toni, I swear to God I am, just First the Beast, and now these laws."

Kai leaned forward in her seat curiously, "Why the change of heart, anyway? Why go from conscientious objector to full-fledged member?"

Jughead leaned back, "'Cause of something Toni said. My dad was the only person that was keeping idiots like Sweet Pea in line."

Jughead turned completely serious, "Someone needs to step up. To keep an all-out war from erupting." He added one last thing "I am taking this seriously, Toni."

The purple haired girl grinned, "So from the top."

__________

"What is the fourth law!" Tall boy shouted in Jughead's face, "No Serpent is left for dead!" He replied equally as loud. This is what we trained him for, he should be could Kai reassured herself.

"What is the fifth law?"
"A serpent never betrays its own."

"What is the sixth?"
"In unity, there is strength."

Together everybody shouted, "In unity, there is strength!"

Smiling, Kai gave Jughead a thumbs up, "You know the laws. Now it's time for the next trial." She mouthed the word 'sorry' towards Jughead as they didn't tell him about this part of the trials.

"Retrieve the knife!" Tallboy yelled taking a black cloth off of a box, revealing a box with a snake and a box. "What?" Jughead muttered

__________

"Rattlesnake, guys. The Rattlesnake bit me and drew blood." Jughead stated as his hand was being wrapped,.

"Be that its venom gland removed." Kai chuckled sitting beside him smirking.

"The important thing was you showed no fear, you grabbed the knife and you remember all the laws." Toni reminded him.

"Which means you're almost a serpent now Jug!" Kai exclaimed giving him a hug. Both of them grew surprisingly close in the short amount of time they had spend together, Kai saw him almost as a brotherly figure.

Someone watched from a far with a murderous glint in his eyes. A chuckle was heard from behind him, "Damn Sweet Pea you've got to loosen your grip on that bottle you're going to break it."

Sweet Pea turned and glared at his friend, "Shut up it Fangs." He growled.

Fangs put his hands up surrendering, "Just saying you should take her before anyone else does." The tan serpent winked and slipped away probably to get another drink.

I will Sweet Pea though I just don't know when.

________
[Edited]