Barcelona

"Thank you for flying with us today on International Airlines. The whole crew hopes you have a great time in Barcelona."

Turning off my music, and wrapping my headphones around my phone, I stood up from my seat, stretching my arms and legs. I grabbed my carry-on from the top compartment and raced to the exit of the plane. It was a miracle that my big suitcases were being privately delivered to my house, because I was not in the mood to watch the baggage claim carousel go round-and-round hundreds of times until my bags popped up. After smiling at and thanking the pilot, I made my way down the long and gray hallway. I pulled up my hood, and zippered my jacket out of habit, still knowing that it would do no good.

As if they had heard my thoughts, the press surrounded me. The bright flashes were overwhelming and my eyes strained, considering we had been flying in the dark for quite a few hours.

"Leila! Leila! Over here!"

"How has it been playing in America for the past couple years?"

"What is it like to have Andres Iniesta as a brother?"

Normally, I wouldn't mind answering questions. Though the press were annoying, they were just doing their jobs. But today, I was exhausted; hopping on a plane right after a tough final match for the season and spending 8 hours on a bumpy plane really tired me out, and when I was tired, I was very irritable and cranky.

Suddenly, a pair of strong hands grabbed my arm, and began pulling me through the crowd. In all honesty, I was too exhausted to even look at the person's face, so I showed no hesitation in going along.

As soon as I made it out the doors of the airport and they slammed shut, I was engulfed by the beautiful silence and wrapped up by the cool air of the Barcelona nights.

"It's been quite a long time, hasn't it, Leil? I don't know if I'm ever gonna let you leave for so long again."

Looking up, I was met by the smiling face of my brother, Andres.

"Was it or was it not your idea for me to go to America and play football there? You brought that upon yourself." I laughed, expecting the same reaction. However, I was met with bewildered eyes. And then I realized that I was speaking English. Being in America for so long, it was required I learned English, which Andres barely understood, and I wasn't used to speaking Spanish very much anymore. So, I giggled, and quickly corrected myself.

"Lo siento, Andres. I guess I'm just used to English. Never mind what I said before, it was a stupid remark, not worth repeating." I found it a waste of breath to repeat things I had said, especially if they weren't very important. I'd never been very patient.

"Well, you better start speaking Spanish here again. First thing in the morning, we're heading to Camp Nou. Don't think you'll have much luck speaking English there." I sighed at the fact that I wouldn't be able to make up much sleep, but the only thing keeping me from a fit was the reality of being reunited with my friends and the place that truly built me as a player and as a person.He rustled my hair around, which was already messy as it was, and grabbed my bag.

In the car, it was silent, but not the awkward kind. It was the typical brotherly-sisterly understanding that catching up would be done in the morning when both were fully awake and not recovering from exhaustion. So I stared out the window, watching the lights from the center of the city fade behind me, and admiring the beauty of Barcelona; my home, and I couldn't be happier to be back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! This is my first story on here, among others that I've written by myself, so bear with me as I find out how exactly to use Wattpad. This is also my first Fanfiction at all, so if anyone has criticism feel competely free to comment it. Also, don't be afraid to private message me about anything at all! I may be new here, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about as a writer and just in general. I'm just hoping to get more views as I keep writing and updating this story so thanks to everyone who's reading it and hopefully you guys can vote and comment!

~Kayla (: