28.

Jocelyn Mendoza

Jocelyn Mendoza

I was pacing back and forth, trying to find out where Sam was and when he was coming to bring me my passport, plane ticket, and cash so I could leave the country and lay low for awhile. I know exactly what you all think of me and you know what? I really don't give two fucks about what any of ya'll got to say about me! Yes, I've done some horrible things in my life, but none of it would've happened if Dean would've taken me back the night I came to his house all beat up and what not. He knows, as well as I know, that me and him are meant to be and if I have to go to great lengths to show him that...then so be it.

For awhile, I was over Dean and ready to move on with my life, until Jude came to me and asked me to look after him while he was locked away. I only agreed because I wanted an excuse to see him, but when I caught a glimpse of him and Talia...looking all happy and in love...I started to feel some type of way. I know I shouldn't have, because I did him so wrong when we were together, but at the same time...I would've been the one getting everything that she's getting if I would've just played my cards right.

"Come on Sam...pick up!" I mumbled, only to have his phone go straight to voicemail once again. When I talked to him a few days ago, he told me he was going out with Talia's brother's ex-girlfriend because he was getting information out of her, but now he was nowhere to be found. That's pretty odd, if you ask me. First Biggie, now Sam? Clearly Talia, her brother, and Dean are on to us, which is the only explanation I have is to why everyone I was associated with was disappearing. Who would me next? Me? Quanie? God, I had to get the hell out of here!

Dialing Quanie's number, I waited for him to answer the phone, which he probably wouldn't because we fell out a long time ago after I lied and told Dean that he had beat me up. Quanie may be a lot of things, but a woman beater isn't one of them and I really hated that he refused to talk to me.

"What you want, Joce?" He answered. He sounded as if he had just waken up or something.

"Have you heard from Sam?" I asked him.

"Nah. I already told you, I'm not fucking with ya'll anymore. Not after what ya'll did to Talia, or should I say...not after what YOU did to Talia!" I rolled my eyes and huffed, taking the phone away from my ear. Even after everything that has happened between all of us, Quanie was still in love over someone who is clearly in love with someone else. Talk about pathetic!

"Well Sam is now missing, right along with Biggie, so if we don't help each other out then one of us is next." I told him.

"Who? Nah shawty, yo ass is next because I have nothing to do with whatever ya'll got going on."

"They don't know that thought."

"Yeah you right, but they bout to find out. Don't call my phone again." And with that, he hung up in my face. My nostrils flared as I threw my phone against the wall, screaming as loud as I could. When did everything start to fall apart? Why didn't I just leave Dean alone and let him be happy? Instead, I grew obsessed and tried to kill him, his girlfriend, and their baby. I deserved to die, but I refused to do so. Grabbing my packed suitcase off of the bed, along with my duffel bag and purse, I hauled everything to my car and quickly got in. Since no one else was going to help me, then I knew someone who would.

*

"Can I help you?" The nurse asked, as I approached the front desk.

"I'm here to see Jude Clarke." I said.

"Are you immediate family?"

"I'm his sister in law." I said, flashing the fake ring that sat on my left finger.

"The only name on the visitors list is his brother, Dean Clarke. I'm sorry ma'am, but I can't let you in." I sighed and reached into my purse, pulling out two one hundred dollar bills.

"I just need five minutes." I said. She looked around, grabbing the money from me, and handing me a visitors pass.

"I'll show you to his room." She said, leading the way. I followed her, looking around at all the other mentally insane people that were there. Jude definitely seemed normal, compared to all these other people. "Jude, you have a visitor." Jude was flirting with one of the nurses, making her blush and smile, which made me roll my eyes. Even on the inside as a mental patient, his ass still can't keep it in his pants. I thought to myself. When he turned and saw me standing there, I could tell he was shocked to see me, but that emotion was replaced with immediate anger.

"The fuck are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I need your help."

"You need my help?" He questioned, laughing hysterically. I swear, I hated when he did that childish ass shit!

"Jude, I'm serious. I helped you and now...I need you to help me." I said.

"You didn't help me at all! Instead, you tried to kill my brother, his girl, and their damn baby and for that...I should kill your ass!" He spat, making his way towards me. The nurse he was flirting with, jumped in front of him and wrapped her arms around his waist; begging him to calm down. "Get that bitch out of here before I kill her ass!"

"Okay, okay. I'll get rid of her." The nurse said, turning to face me. "Please leave and don't come back."

"Jude please! Listen...all I need is some money and a passport, and I'll be out of your hair for good. You'll never see or hear from me again."

"Forreal?"

"I swear on my life." I assured him, holding both of my hands up as if I were surrendering.

"Aight, I'll help you out." He said.

"You will? What's the catch?"

"No catch. Just knowing that you won't be here to ruin anyone else's lives is the only reason why I'm helping you. Now, get the fuck out of here and wait for my call." He said.

"Okay...thank you so much, Jude. I really appreciate it." He waved me off as I turned to leave, handing the front desk nurse my visitors badge and exiting the building. That went better than I expected. Actually...that was almost too easy. What was Jude up to? I stopped walking and turned around, shaking my head at how crazy I sounded. Jude couldn't possibly have any power, especially since he was locked up in a psych ward. Clearly I'm just paranoid, but after tonight...I'll be far away from this place and I won't have to worry about anyone coming for me.