Chapter Four: Next Thing I Know

Y/n's POV

I told him about the situation about my arranged marriage and how I didn't even know his name, but I respected my parents' decision. I told him how I wanted to wait until I graduated university to get engaged to him. I didn't tell him about the problems I was having with Jackson though.

No one knew about Jackson's aggressive side. They knew him as a bright and bubbly boy who loved to laugh and help out as much as he could. Not to mention, he was popular with the ladies. He hadn't treated them badly, I doubt anyone would believe me if I told them about the abuse I was receiving. I couldn't escape his grasp. He tried to kill himself more than once when I told him I was going to leave. To be honest, that scared me more than the beatings did. I may not be the best person in the world, but I'm not a bad person. Jackson no longer threatens to kill himself, he only hits me.

School was over for the day for me. My professor didn't show up for my last class, saying he woke up two minutes late and didn't want to get out of the bed.

*Ding*

I look down at my phone.

Jackass: Hey babe. Can you pick me up some food? You know what I like ;)

I sighed and jumped into my car. The noodles he liked to eat was in a restaurant fifty minutes away. I drive towards the restaurant and once I got his order, I head to his favorite milkshake place to order his favorite, a strawberry milkshake. I put everything into the passenger seat and the milkshake into the cup holder.

On the drive home, I noticed the car was shaking slightly.

What the hell is going on?

Almost half way home, I pulled over at a gas station to check the tire pressure.

It seems fine.

I was about to get back into the car when I see a familiar face walk out of the gas station.

"Yoongi!" I yell and wave. "Were you heading home?"

We live near each other and I would carpool with him, but I wouldn't want to be a burden.

"Yeah I was out running errands... What about you? What are you up to?"

"Me? Oh, just running some errands, too." I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Well I got to go but I'll see you later?" I say as I get back to the car and he mumbles something.

I was about two miles from the gas station when I heard a loud bang. My heart started pumping and the adrenaline overtaking me.

My tire blew.

I was on a busy road and I knew it was my left tire that blew. Everything happened so fast. Next thing I know, I feel my head hit the window and my body swaying violently.