Chapter 1.

1973

Jeremy

I stood outside the large oak doors breathing heavily. This was my one chance, I couldn't, wouldn't fail. They were counting on me.

"Get it together Jer." I muttered to myself and then proceeded to glare at the guard who snickered at his post. Bet he wouldn't be laughing if he were in my position. I knew a way to wipe that smug smirk off his face, I'd pummel...

A guard chose this time to poke his head through the door and smile at me.

"Her highness is ready to see you."

I nodded curtly and flipped the other guard the bird - subtly of course, before entering the Queen's court.

Here goes nothing.

-----------

The guard led me straight to where the Queen was seated at her throne and curtsied before taking a stance near the door. I glanced around the room. Six guards currently in the room, we'd have to switch to plan B.

I bowed deeply before the Queen, Alec had given me multiple lessons on how to behave in the presence of royalty. I couldn't risk messing up, therefor hours of training were put into such simple things as learning to bow correctly.

"You may rise." The Queen said softly.

I stood and replied with clarity "Thank you your highness."

I took the time to study her, I didn't see why so much effort was put into the plan when in fact, the Queen was nothing but a young girl. She looked awfully tiny in place of such a large throne. I would assume she was too young if I hadn't known her coronation was only but a week ago. Her strawberry blonde hair was at length to her bosom and her face was dotted with freckles only making her appear younger than she seemed, however her large blue eyes held a keen intelligence that had my confidence wavering. She had a manner of maturity which gave me the only indication she was not human.

"What brings you to my kingdom?" She questioned.

Showtime.

"Well my Queen, it is something I'd rather discuss, privately. You see, it's quite personal and I'd rather not risk others hearing." I gestured, not so discreetly, towards the numerous guards.

"I'm afraid I cannot give full you full privacy, as you would understand." She gave me a pointed look and I believe she was going to roll her eyes before realizing this was not Queen-like behaviour.

"I will however, give you an option to walk the garden with me to be further from prying ears."

I tried to resisted the urge to jump up and down and nodded.

She smiled and gestured to her guard and said "Simon, fetch me my cloak."

Guards approached her as if to help her from her throne but she jumped off without giving it much thought. A guard reprimanded her quietly and she sighed.

"I know, I know. This is all new to me."

The guard, Simon, returned with her cloak which she fastened around her neck and walked to the doors. I followed, easily matching her quick steps. She was barely surpassing five feet.

Two guards trailed behind us at a fair enough distance which made me feel grateful.

The Queen and I walked behind a large cherry tree, hidden from view of the guards. This was the tricky part.

"Now, tell me, what is it you wished to discuss that is so.."

I almost, ALMOST felt guilty when I flicked enchanted fairy dust in her face.

Her eyes widened confusedly before she opened her mouth to shout and alert someone when I slammed my hand over her mouth firmly, I spun her around so that her back was to my chest. Her hand gripped my arm with inhuman strength, I could feel the bones in my arm beginning to crunch.

I looked to the right where I saw Alec and Mason tussling with the guards.

The Queen bit on my hand firmly and I shouted louder than my ego approved of. I attempted shaking her off but her teeth had elongated and I couldn't remove her.

"Ah, so there's our little vampire." I said in a sing-song voice, masking the pain I was feeling in my arm.

She snarled angrily jerking in my arms and I held on tightly knowing the effects of the dust were kicking in when her grip on my arm became slack.

I mentally thanked our alliance with the fey.

Alec and Mason made their way towards me and I glanced at the unconscious guards.

"Nice going boys." I grinned lifting the unconscious Queen in my arms, my hand still trapped in her mouth.

Alec smirked and gestured to the Queen saying, "I suggest we get a move on so we can get back before daylight."

And with that, we were off.