Chapter 6 New Beginnings Part 2

Author's Pov

As Bridgett begins to hop into bed her doorbell rings. She gets up and goes to the door and to her surprise, it was Corey Graves. Corey tries to bombard his way through the door as Bridgett tries closing it on his arm. Corey finally broke through smacked Bridgett, and pushed her out of the way while heading to Tyler's room. Bridgett grabbed a bat from out the closet and followed Corey to Tyler's room. Tyler woke up from all the noise in the house and hid under his bed. Bridgett swung the bat at Corey hitting him upside his head, causing him to bleed. Bridgett was on the other side of Tyler's door and told him to stay hidden and Mommy will be ok. With all the commotion going on Nikki and Stephen came out of their house, so did Bridgett's neighbors Destiny and her fiance Jey. Nikki called the police, while Jey & Stephen grabbed Corey and tied him to the chair. Destiny made sure Bridgett was alright, and Bridgett told her she was. Then Bridgett went to check on Tyler and picked him up and took him to the living room. Bridgett asked Nikki if she can take Tyler to their parents house and come back once the police get here.

Bridgett: :"Nikki can you please bring Tyler to mom & dad because I don't want him to hear any of this."

Nikki: "Sure sis! Don't start anything without me because I want to be the first one to slap the piss out of Corey. Then after I do that I will put my foot up Adam's."(Bridgett cuts off Nikki)

Bridgett: "Nikki! I have Tyler here."

Nikki: "Sorry! I'm just mad right now. Corey had no right to assault you like that. Or try to kidnap my nephew. I'm leaving right now. I will be right back."

Bridgett: "Thanks!"

As Nikki left to take Tyler to her parents house, she saw a car just sitting and watching her then drove off.

Stephen: "Bridgett what happend?"

Bridgett: "This jerk tried to hit me and tried to kidnap my son. So I grabbed a bat and cracked him in the head."

Nikki: "I'm back! Mom & Dad says to call them when you are done. So what did I miss?"

Bridgett: "I will! You didn't miss anything."

Nikki: "Well that's good!"

The cops finally came and took our statements and hauled Corey's ass off to jail. Nikki also told the cops that a guy was parked outside in a red lamborgini just watching and then he drove off. She told them she think it was Adam, but she's not sure.

Nikki: "Bridgett I'm sorry you had to meet your neighbors under this circumstance. I want you to meet Destiny and her fiance Jey."

Bridgett: "Nice to meet you, I'm so sorry you had to witness all of this. Thank you for all your help."

Destiny & Jey: " Nice to meet you too. Its ok! You are welcome. Anything we can do to help."

Bridgett: "Well I will give you guys a better formal welcome. How about you two come over tomorrow around 6:30 for a house warming party?"

Destiny & Jey: "That will be good. We will bring the drinks since we're off Thursday."

Bridgett: "Ok! See you then. Thanks again for all your help."

Destiny & Jey: "No problem! Bye!"

Bridgett,Nikki, & Stephen: "Bye!"

As Bridgett opens the door for Destiny & Jey, she sees the same car that Nikki saw earlier. Bridgett called over Nikki & Stephen to take a look at the car. By the time they got to the door the driver sped off.