My New Room

So, I had entered this college, and as is typical it was hundreds of miles away from home. That didn't matter for now, I strangely liked the idea of staying in a hostel. There was one thing I was really apprehensive about at that moment, my roommate. My biggest fear, though probably silly, was that I would end up staying with someone incredibly boring that hated everything I liked, logic says that was the most unlikely thing ever, and I now know that there were many more things to worry about in a hostel. That at the moment was my biggest fear. My roommate had booked the room before I had, he was said to be a mechanical engineering student from Bihar, and I knew that would mean he would be into sports and fitness, and probably good at math and fixing things, so I wasn't worried, and I thought he would already be in the room.

Well he wasn't in the room, my dad left after we checked the room out, Then I sat on the bed chatting with my friends online for the next couple of hours. I was just about to take a nap in my bed, when a guy opened the door. "Hey Kirti", I said. The boy stared at me with his rodent like eyes. "That's not my name", he said, "did you get in here illegally through some fake website". The answer both puzzled me and left me unnecessarily annoyed, I knew I had booked the room through the university website, and nowhere else, that accusation came out of nowhere. "OK", I accepted, "I guess you go by a different name", I accepted. "I don't go by a nickname, my name is Chiffordan, where did you even get the name Kirti from, did you fool yourself into thinking you were staying with a girl". "No", I answered, "Kirti is this Bihari guy who enrolled in mechanical engineering in this place". "Bihari you got right, but I'm not a student of mechanical engineering, I came here to study political science", he replied. He looked at me proud as a fat rat in a sewer, sorry to say this, but a rat is what he resembled. he was short and stout, with a dark face and hair, his head was a semi cone. wider at the bottom and clearly narrower at the top, his small black eyes were close together, with hardly more than a triangular nose in between, which itself had a narrow top and a bulgy base. His narrow full lips seemed to form a permanent pout which seemed perpetually arrogant, his body was short and stout, and he wore dark heavy coat. Which was unusual in the hot weather. "I should have guessed that your no mechanical engineering student", I finally muttered. "Ha!, when I become a politician I can boss engineers into doing whatever I want them to", the way he said it sounded confident, but rude. I don't know how they could assume I was a mechanical engineering student.

This new roommate was curious, I started to wonder if he was really supposed to be my roommate, or if this was a mistake. Today, I can say the answer was far creepier, but then, that thought was a puny suggestion I ignored, what was even more surprising was this guys arrogance, how long had he stayed here anyway? I looked at his stuff. It didn't seem unusual any of it, not at first glance, "Well, so do you like to read anything", I said. "Yes", he answered, "especially of its political science". "Well I like politics too", I said, "could you tell me the disadvantages of communism", I suggested. "Communism is for chutiya people like Chinese people, except Russia communist, they are good, Kerala communist is so-so". "You didn't tell me why communism is disadvantaged", I pointed. "You are not here to ask questions", he said in a smug voice. "And I would never give answers to anyone claiming I was not myself".

For a moment this agitated me a bit, then went away. This guy was a ridiculous douchebag, really annoying, and way too arrogant to realize he didn't know a thing about what he said he was interested in. Anyone who knows communism knows that Soviet communism was one of the worse kinds, definitely worse than Chinese communism, and even a fan of communism would have voiced some opinion on post Soviet Russia, if political science really was his passion. The thought of staying with him made me shutter inside, 'at least he may not be this bad with how he uses this room', I thought.