Friends, Seniors and Pictures

After we had sort of got used to the place, was when our seniors came, that was about a week after our classes started. It wasn't intended, but this resulted in me getting a lot of new insights on Chiffordan. Our seniors started out almost like we did, it allowed me the opportunity to meet a few new people, ask about the clubs (not everyone remembered when they would be unveiled), and so on, these people were ones I assumed were to be respected, but a specific issue I had was that many of them looked like first year kids at the first glance, and I have the habit of assuming things. A few of them seemed a bit offended at this assumption, but I didn't care.

As with Chiffordan and a few others, I had fallen into habit if how to behave with them, Chiffordan especially, I never took that meek, arrogant, judgemental ass too seriously and spoke my mind with him, I later learned that this was a huge mistake, as though he was intimidated and appeared outspoken by me (one didn't need to physicaly intimidate him, he'd be taken back by confidence alone), and yet was secretly making a mental list of judgements and biases to justify to himself that I was a bad guy.

My college experience continued, I made friends with my classmates, built a rapport with my teachers (admittedly not the best one), and started meeting a host of different people in the mess. Not to mention played a host of sports. My bad experience with Chiffordan encouraged this out of the room behaviour, it made me spend as much time away from him as possible.

In the times I was with Chiffordan, it never went well, a few times he called me for some apparently important task, he never was in the place he asked me to be in by the time I had reached. Once he called me to the room for what he said was a very important urgent task. He was in his pajamas when I reached the room but scolded me for wearing slippers to such an important task, I had to hold back a laugh, but he kept on about how if to was anyone else he wouldn't allow them to do the task. "Ok fine", I answered to all this, "what is it that you want me to do". "You need to tell the hostel office that our sink needs to be unclogged" I nodded, our sink took hours to drain out, it was getting really annoying having to sometimes deal with it overflowing and spilling onto your clothes. I didn't bother to ask why he wouldn't do it himself. Didn't feel like getting in an argument at the time, So I went to the hostel office, I had to ask someone where it was, and after a half hour wait, they told me they would fix the semi clogged sink. It was fixed a few hours later.

Chiffordan slept early that day, and I went to the room of this guy I had met in the campus mess. His name was Shashwat Dhawan, and he had told me that I could come to his room that day. When I came, there was just him and his roommate, soon this tall, lean slight built guy named Hemant entered the room. He had a swollen nose with large pimples around it. Another guy was this boy named Naman, the nerd of his BSc physics class (there was only one BSc physics class in our college). We started the fun. I challenged all the guys to an arm wrestling match, and beat Shashwat Dhawan, but not Hemant or his roommate. Hemant was 50% heavier than me and could do approximately the same number of consecutive pullups, I wasn't surprised, but he said my strength was respectable. Hemant was a guy that had take a year and a half of training under this pro bodybuilder, and he scrolled through pictures of his super buff body on his phone. I spotted boxing gloves on one of the desks, and Shashwat's roommate, who was an amateur boxer, agreed to spar with me, I didn't last 10 seconds with him, as I ended up turning my back to his punches and was hurt by a punch to the back of my neck. His punches were notably solid and heavy for someone who could barely beat me in an arm wrestling match, and I asked him how. He said it was through his training. That I needed at least 3 years of solid practice to become a good boxer, and we had boxing classes in our University, 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening. I had seen them practice before, I could see now that they were no joke.